Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I still believe that, if we had kept Dareus. It all starts with the line. Now that they have to play the run a lot more, they aren't able to swarm to the ball like they had when he was here.

Stupid move.

If only he didn't like the Devil's weed so much.

If the cheeba was his biggest issue, I'd be more pissed they traded him. He was a lazy malcontent with a terrible work ethic and worse contract. I'm not sorry to see him go. But unloading your 2 best WR & CB in one off-season. Yikes.

If the cheeba was his biggest issue, I'd be more pissed they traded him. He was a lazy malcontent with a terrible work ethic and worse contract. I'm not sorry to see him go. But unloading your 2 best WR & CB in one off-season. Yikes.

WGAF!? Seriously!? Who cares about contracts or attitude. WhoTF are we as Buffalo fans to give a crap about this?! We don't have that luxury.

And if only Marrone would have smiled more. He was so mean to everyone,… :blink: Now they are both sitting at 7-3 and we're talking about how can we suck worse so we can get better in the future. :wallbash:

But it was only one third of the plays, blah blah blah. Yeah, but which plays, known running plays? Our run defense has gone in the crapper since he left and it's effects have spread to the rest of the D.

I just want to watch good players and whenever we get one, it seems like we can't wait to find a bunch of reason to get rid of them.

I beg to differ.

Beg all you want.

For starters, his o-line was absolutely horrific in that game. 

My memory is that, through the first half, he was something like 12 of 15 for 120 yards and a score (plus a long run of ~20 or so). The Matthews fumble was a killer.

He eventually got going again in the 3rd, and then O'Leary fumbled.

Taylor was fine against the Jets in Week 9. Not great. But he was fine. Normal Taylor.

WGAF!? Seriously!? Who cares about contracts or attitude. WhoTF are we as Buffalo fans to give a crap about this?! We don't have that luxury.

And if only Marrone would have smiled more. He was so mean to everyone,… :blink: Now they are both sitting at 7-3 and we're talking about how can we suck worse so we can get better in the future. :wallbash:

But it was only one third of the plays, blah blah blah. Yeah, but which plays, known running plays? Our run defense has gone in the crapper since he left and it's effects have spread to the rest of the D.

I just want to watch good players and whenever we get one, it seems like we can't wait to find a bunch of reason to get rid of them.

He hasn't been a good player for the Bills for 3 seasons. I like watching good players too. Why the vitriol toward me, I'll never know. He stopped trying after he got paid, that's why the contract matters. I don't care about their salaries either but when it a) causes said player to check out and b) prevents you from signing other good players then contracts matter.

I'm the last guy to complain about how much money these guys make. But you better have someone in charge that pays the right players. Dareus, in hindsight of course, was not one of those players. There were plenty of warning signs, the Bills chose to ignore them. He is a bad apple, the jags have the luxury of being able to carry his contract and deal with his tude.

And one more freaking time.

The Bills defensive play this season has nothing to do with Marcel. It has everything to do with awful linebacking and a mediocre secondary. Also, the first and second round picks from 2016, Lawson and Ragland are 1) not good (Lawson) 2) not here (Ragland)

They had a completely unprecedented historially ludicrous turnover difference of +14 through 6 games. That wasn't going to last. The 85 bears would be envious.

Edited by inkman

I still believe that, if we had kept Dareus. It all starts with the line. Now that they have to play the run a lot more, they aren't able to swarm to the ball like they had when he was here.

Stupid move.

If only he didn't like the Devil's weed so much.

There was absolutely no reason to trade him this season.  The return sucked, and he was good on running downs.  And they're not saving much more than they would have if they kept him and cut him after 2018.

He was playing a third of the snaps. The turnovers didn't dry up because we traded a rotational player.

It's a factor.  He played obvious running downs and stuffed the run.  That forces the other team to pass.  That forces picks.

I can get with you on the WR situation, but not CB.  The Bills have improved and Gilmore has been a hot mess in NE.

Edited by Eleven

He hasn't been a good player for the Bills for 3 seasons. I like watching good players too. Why the vitriol toward me, I'll never know. He stopped trying after he got paid, that's why the contract matters. I don't care about their salaries either but when it a) causes said player to check out and b) prevents you from signing other good players then contracts matter.

I'm the last guy to complain about how much money these guys make. But you better have someone in charge that pays the right players. Dareus, in hindsight of course, was not one of those players. There were plenty of warning signs, the Bills chose to ignore them. He is a bad apple, the jags have the luxury of being able to carry his contract and deal with his tude.

And one more freaking time.

The Bills defensive play this season has nothing to do with Marcel. It has everything to do with awful linebacking and a mediocre secondary. Also, the first and second round picks from 2016, Lawson and Ragland are 1) not good (Lawson) 2) not here (Ragland)

They had a completely unprecedented historially ludicrous turnover difference of +14 through 6 games. That wasn't going to last. The 85 bears would be envious.

No vitriol. I gots nothin but luv for ya, ink.

1st bolded. Aren't we still paying that contract and taking the cap hit til the end of next year? So now we still can't sign one of those players we want and we don't even get his services. Not smart.

2nd bolded. What better way to expose terrible linebacking than to weaken the line even more to where they can't stop an old lady with a shopping cart.

There was absolutely no reason to trade him this season.  The return sucked, and he was good on running downs.  And they're not saving much more than they would have if they kept him and cut him after 2018.

It's a factor.  He played obvious running downs and stuffed the run.  That forces the other team to pass.  That forces picks.

I can get with you on the WR situation, but not CB.  The Bills have improved and Gilmore has been a hot mess in NE.

troof.

What an idiot. Way to own your decision McDermott. Why start Peterman last week like he's THE ONE and then not come back with him this week to let him redeem himself? 

He is still coaching to win.  He thinks the season can be salvaged, or at least end respectfully.

Not an idiot.  TT was having problems and he took a shot on lightning in a bottle with a rookie.  It clearly did not work, so time to go back to plan A.

He is still coaching to win.  He thinks the season can be salvaged, or at least end respectfully.

Not an idiot.  TT was having problems and he took a shot on lightning in a bottle with a rookie.  It clearly did not work, so time to go back to plan A.

No way. Starting Peterman last week was essentially taking a dump on Tyrod's entire career up to that point. 

If I'm Tyrod, I'm counting down the weeks until I can get out. 

What an idiot. Way to own your decision McDermott. Why start Peterman last week like he's THE ONE and then not come back with him this week to let him redeem himself? 

Because he's not compounding a mistake.  We all make them, and this was a BIG one, but at least he's not doubling down on it.

Edited by Eleven

No way. Starting Peterman last week was essentially taking a dump on Tyrod's entire career up to that point. 

If I'm Tyrod, I'm counting down the weeks until I can get out. 

What if TT finds last weeks nonsense motivational and runs the table and by tie breakers the Bills make the playoffs?

Because he's not compounding a mistake.  We all make them, and this was a BIG one, but at least he's not doubling down on it.

Correct.

You think the solution  to a mistake is to repeat it?

I think McDermott loses all credibility if he goes back to Tyrod. He didn't make a mistake. He made a choice. A predictably bad choice. That 90% of outside observers knew would end catastrophically. 

Starting Peterman last week was turning down a road that you can't go back up. He started an objectively worse quarterback with the playoffs on the line and it went exactly as expected. I would respect him more if he just saw the thing through to the end. Now he's chickening out. 

They're going to miss the playoffs AND McDermott is going to look like a total pud in the #process. 

Bills lose the next 2 and Peterman will right back in there for the Colts.

Depending on what the other AFC teams do, that might be a good move (assuming the Bills are 5-7).  The right time to start Peterman is when it looks like the Bills don't have much of a chance to make the playoffs, and not a minute earlier.

The fact that McDermott ###### up last week should have no bearing on the future.  He knows he screwed up and he's showing it by going back to Taylor.

I think McDermott loses all credibility if he goes back to Tyrod. He didn't make a mistake. He made a choice. A predictably bad choice. That 90% of outside observers knew would end catastrophically. 

Starting Peterman last week was turning down a road that you can't go back up. He started an objectively worse quarterback with the playoffs on the line and it went exactly as expected. I would respect him more if he just saw the thing through to the end. Now he's chickening out. 

They're going to miss the playoffs AND McDermott is going to look like a total pud in the #process. 

I don't care about his "credibility"--and I don't see how it's destroyed here.  He made a bad decision and he's not repeating it.  Repeating it would be worse.  I don't understand how that's difficult to see.

Edited by Eleven

Depending on what the other AFC teams do, that might be a good move (assuming the Bills are 5-7).  The right time to start Peterman is when it looks like the Bills don't have much of a chance to make the playoffs, and not a minute earlier.

The fact that McDermott ###### up last week should have no bearing on the future.  He knows he screwed up and he's showing it by going back to Taylor.

I don't care about his "credibility"--and I don't see how it's destroyed here.  He made a bad decision and he's not repeating it.  Repeating it would be worse.  I don't understand how that's difficult to see.

If I were a player, I wouldn't trust him to make honest evaluations about who is best for the roster. You think those guys on the team don't know that Peterman sucks? I bet they do. And I bet they're a little annoyed right now that coach threw a game away for no reason. 

If I were a player, I wouldn't trust him to make honest evaluations about who is best for the roster. You think those guys on the team don't know that Peterman sucks? I bet they do. And I bet they're a little annoyed right now that coach threw a game away for no reason. 

So you want him to throw the rest of the season away as well?

Edited by SwampD

What message would it send to the team if McDermott continued to throw the season away?

I understood the outrage at starting Peterman last week.  I was outraged myself.  Called the decision "stupid."

I do not understand the outrage at not repeating the error.

They lost last week making a point that didn't need to be made. Again, this isn't my fault. I'm not the moron who started this. 

They lost last week trying something that they hoped would work. Totally different.

And just because you didn't start it doesn't mean that you wanting to continue it doesn't make you a mor..., no, nope. I won't go there. :D