Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

During the drought, the Bills have lost the kind of game they have tonight -- i.e. one where they have a chance to make a statement and put themselves into good position in the standings -- 100% of the time.

I don't believe yet, but I want to.

Yep. It was mentioned up thread that the last 2 times the playoff drought Bills were 5-2 they lost to the Jets for game 8 both times. If they can win tonight it will be a big step towards getting the monkey off our back.

THE MONKEY IS A LIE.

The current regime recognizes no previous success or failure.  Only the now, and the now is success.

Go BIlls!

Edited by Doohickie

During the drought, the Bills have lost the kind of game they have tonight -- i.e. one where they have a chance to make a statement and put themselves into good position in the standings -- 100% of the time.

I agree^

100%. This is a game playoff teams win. This game is huge for showing us where this team is

I understand the feeling behind this.

I've given up on being overly fatalistic -- am I in or am I out thinking -- about what the Bills are or aren't going to do.

I'll be into it, but with a slight remove throughout the game. It's a trick I've developed. I find that it limits how pumped up I can get when they win -- how things went down with the Bucs, and how I responded, is an excellent example.

This is a survival technique. I'm not sure what I'm apt to do if they end up playing a truly meaningful game in December or January.

Benjamin is in tonight

That's fun.

Interesting. I wonder how many snaps he'll get given a limited look a the playbook?

Don't know if it matters much, he knows his coach, maybe already knows a few plays they can put him out there for.

Whatever happens, they need to run the ball against this team.

Interesting. I wonder how many snaps he'll get given a limited look a the playbook?

My prediction is that he will be targeted in the first drive once or twice.  If it works they'll continue, if not he'll be a decoy for the rest of the night, drawing defensive coverage away from the other receivers.

Remember, McDermott knows Benjamin, so I'm sure he'll be able to bring him up to speed on some plays that involve routes he's already familiar with.

I had a similar conversation with a coworker today.  It's a must win game, IMO.