Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

They got all that by accumulating draft picks

True. But their management is prioritizing youth over veterans. Buffalo is taking a much different approach to shaping the roster.

It's very early, but his escapability looks very diminished. He's supposed to be healthy, so that's concerning. Big part of his game. Legs getting older? We shall see.

For sure, just commenting on how he looks now. It's just game 1 and I expect him to play much better. Packers often start slow out of the gate.

True. But their management is prioritizing youth over veterans. Buffalo is taking a much different approach to shaping the roster.

I have no idea who will be the better team in two years but considering the jets and browns have been awful for at least two years now, they should be further ahead in accumulating quality picks.

However, the whole age thing is so overrated. The Bills will be one of the five youngest teams in the league next year. A lot of the veteran depth brought in to lead the way will be replaced by younger talent.

You replace 7 of the 9 oldest Bills with 22 year old rookies and the Bills would be in top 5 this year. The only "aging" starters right now are Kyle Anderson, Lorenzo Alexander, Steven H. and Ritchie.

Edited by tom webster

For sure, just commenting on how he looks now. It's just game 1 and I expect him to play much better. Packers often start slow out of the gate.

Definitely. I'm a Packers fan, and they've started slow for a while. Then pick it up. (Then crash and burn in the playoffs :/)

The Colts might be the worst team in the league.

Edited by Thorny

Definitely. I'm a Packers fan, and they've started slow for a while. Then pick it up. (Then crash and burn in the playoffs :/)

The Colts might be the worst team in the league.

Yeah, I feel good with picking the Rams in the board survivor pool. I thought to myself, "Scott Tolzien. Go ahead, make my day!"

^ haha good one

I always struggle a bit as a Packer fan: they always get such blatant favouritism from the refs, particularly at home. Even as a fan I can see that and it bugs me. Seattle had a TD taken off the board on a pick-6 due to a couple of phantom calls, and there was blatant PI on Graham that went uncalled in the end zone just now.

Oh well, I'll take it :D

Edited by Thorny

^ haha good one

I always struggle a bit as a Packer fan: they always get such blatant favouritism from the refs, particularly at home. Even as a fan I can see that and it bugs me. Seattle had a TD taken off the board on a pick-6 due to a couple of phantom calls, and there was blatant PI on Graham that went uncalled in the end zone just now.

Oh well, I'll take it :D

Yes! Jordy Nelson time...

Yeah, I feel good with picking the Rams in the board survivor pool. I thought to myself, "Scott Tolzien. Go ahead, make my day!"

Good for you. That was my 4th "lock." But how often do you get to pick the Bills & not be nervous about it. Bills & proud. ;)

All 4 "locks" worked, but 1 would've been scary.

Good for you. That was my 4th "lock." But how often do you get to pick the Bills & not be nervous about it. Bills & proud. ;)

All 4 "locks" worked, but 1 would've been scary.

I was scared to pick the Bills but it looks in hindsight like a good one. Jets looked like a matchup issue but their problems on offense did them in.

I have no idea who will be the better team in two years but considering the jets and browns have been awful for at least two years now, they should be further ahead in accumulating quality picks.

However, the whole age thing is so overrated. The Bills will be one of the five youngest teams in the league next year. A lot of the veteran depth brought in to lead the way will be replaced by younger talent.

You replace 7 of the 9 oldest Bills with 22 year old rookies and the Bills would be in top 5 this year. The only "aging" starters right now are Kyle Anderson, Lorenzo Alexander, Steven H. and Ritchie.

I heard the stat this morning that the Browns have lost 13 straight season openers.  That's absolutely crazy.