Claude Julien Fired

WildCard

The Pens were a SC caliber team, we sir are not.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a new coach, I'm just not convinced CJ is any better than what we've got.

We are not SC caliper, but we are better than mid 80's for points at the end of the season.

Btw, the Pens were a bubble playoff team when they made that change.

The new coach brought a couple of *perfect* fit players up from the minors with him that boosted Crosby/Malkin.

If one owner/gm combo has the knowledge and balls to do it, why can't we?

Why do we want him again?

Oooo, I think I know! It's because he was fired from an under-performing team with some good forward depth, young talent that needs time, a decent goalie and a suspect D,… and he would find that familiar here. Is that it?

Why did we want Dan Bylsma again? Oh yeah, he won a Stanley Cup with a loaded roster! Yes, I want Claude Julien. ASAP! His time ran out in Boston. Every coaches time runs out eventually so let us get a coach with at least some fire. I do believe this club would fare much better under Julien then Bylsma.

We should take him, although I'd take just about anyone over DB at this point.

81 points in 82 games last year. 52 points in 52 games so far this year. Not exactly what I'd call progress. Plus I hate his face and his "system".

Totally agree. Well said.

The Pens were a SC caliber team, we sir are not.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a new coach, I'm just not convinced CJ is any better than what we've got.

Bang on assessment. Julien is there. Time to act GMTM. There is no way TPegs and TM can be happy with the performance of this club so far. No progress whatsoever.

If you want Julien, you want the Sabres to lose these next games heading into our bye

Really hard to see a fire / hire of that magnitude in season though

The GM screwed up that talent not Julien and their D is getting old. They let go of too many good D and forwards. Friends of mine who are from Boston are furious at their GM and love the CJ. Edited by North Buffalo

The GM screwed up that talent not Julien and their D is getting old. They let go of too many good D and forwards. Friends of mine who are from Boston are furious at their GM and love the CJ

Those Boston friends of yours are totally accurate in their assessment as well. They also shouldn't have let Lucic go. I hate like hell seeing Jack wasted in this town. He is obviously frustrated and should this organization keep it up, he will be gone the first chance he gets and I couldn't blame him one bit.

Why did we want Dan Bylsma again? Oh yeah, he won a Stanley Cup with a loaded roster! Yes, I want Claude Julien. ASAP! His time ran out in Boston. Every coaches time runs out eventually so let us get a coach with at least some fire. I do believe this club would fare much better under Julien then Bylsma.

Bang on assessment. Julien is there. Time to act GMTM. There is no way TPegs and TM can be happy with the performance of this club so far. No progress whatsoever.

Actually, I think it was because we lost out and Babcock and needed a PR win (just like w/ Rex, ugh).

FTR, I would be fine with Julien. I like him and am totally on board with a change for the sake of change change. It might actually keep me interested in the rest of this season.

Given the core that both teams have going forward, does anyone see DD beating Babcock in a best of seven series.

And Swamp I believe you are right about the need to win the press conference after losing out on Babs

This hiring of Julien would be an awesome new press conference! It shows that maybe Tpegs and GMTM give a crap. If they keep DD, I'm not sure what the hell they're expecting to see from this club for next season and the season therafter. We are not out of it completely yet. In my opinion you make the move ASAP (as long as CJ would even come here- also not a given as someone will go after him to be sure) 

Boston is the best possession team in the league that's hit a bad stretch of shooting. Meanwhile, we're sucking turds in a toilet. The fact that Julien can get that type of team possession with the flaws on that roster bodes well for when the shooting turns around and/or roster improves. Bylsma's team will continue to muddle through even with more talent because he doesn't know how to generate possession consistently.

Dude.

It would be kinda TPish to get fed up and send DDB packing, innit?

Given the core that both teams have going forward, does anyone see DD beating Babcock in a best of seven series.

And Swamp I believe you are right about the need to win the press conference after losing out on Babs

Well, to be fair, this has happened -- and in the SCF, no less.

My 2 cents:  I would sign up for dumping DDB and bringing in CJ in a heartbeat -- but I think it's highly unlikely that it will happen before the end of this season at the earliest.

If, however, the Sabres limp to the finish line and end up DFL in the EC and bottom 4ish in the NHL, I think it's at least 50/50.

Mike Babcock on Claude Julien's firing: "Someone out there's happy today. You ain't getting better."

The Julien firing reminds me a bit of the Ruff firing around here a few years back during our tank season. It wasn't really an indication of his poor coaching, just that he had been here so long and had a very poor team. Both are still good coaches (worked on Canada's national team staff) that just needed new scenery.

Make it happen.

Anyone know where TPegs is right now?  Is PegulaAir picking him up in Boca Raton before flying him to Boston?  We'll have to keep an eye on this.

Cload.  The only way to say it.

I love the flight tracking part. The time it takes for the flight to happen gives us multiple hours to wildly speculate on something totally mundane :)

I love the flight tracking part. The time it takes for the flight to happen gives us multiple hours to wildly speculate on something totally mundane :)

It's the best. Terry and Kim have a hankering for Bar Bill and suddenly coaches are getting kicked to the curb. :)

It's the best. Terry and Kim have a hankering for Bar Bill and suddenly coaches are getting kicked to the curb. :)

Quiet, you two!  :angry:

:nana:

How much more time and money are on Bylsma's contract?

Something tells me CJ isn't coming to Buffalo when that answer is posted.

How much money are the playoffs worth to a team?

Paying a coach that ain't getting you there is more costly than 2 coaches, where one is.

Edited by Woods-Racer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.