Claude Julien Fired

WildCard

The Bruins have fired Claude Julien. That means not only have they given up on the playoffs, but they might be sellers, and noe a great HC is available.

Pretty sure any team does not have to give the Bruins compensation

Edited by spndnchz

The Bruins have fired Claude Julien. That means not only have they given up on the playoffs, but they might be sellers, and noe a great HC is available.

Pretty sure any team does not have to give the Bruins compensation

:o   :o   :o

http://www.wcvb.com/...-julien/8685431

Go get him NOW!

Why do we want him again?

Oooo, I think I know! It's because he was fired from an under-performing team with some good forward depth, young talent that needs time, a decent goalie and a suspect D,… and he would find that familiar here. Is that it?

Oooo, I think I know! It's because he was fired from an under-performing team with some good forward depth, young talent that needs time, a decent goalie and a suspect D,… and he would find that familiar here. Is that it?

They have no forward depth

Rask is a Vezina goalie

I posted this on Jan 23...

I picture Julien getting fired, a couple of flights by PegulaAir to and from Boston, a flight from Boston to Toronto on the afternoon of 2/11, the Sabres conducting their morning skate under Bylsma, but Julien behind the bench before warmups, Bylsma given a raincoat and 9 cents (Canadian) and told to find his own way home, and the Sabres commencing a 17-game win streak that night.

Looks like the timing is lining up.

If you want Julien, you want the Sabres to lose these next games heading into our bye

Really hard to see a fire / hire of that magnitude in season though

I haven't cheered for losses since the tank year but I may start immediately.  We need CJ.  We absolutely need him.

This is my position as well. I'm not sure what he's bringing. One positive, he might be the catalyst to get Jack to a higher level. Jack obviously grew up with CJ coaching the Bruins so there is likely an admiration for him. Just a thought though.

I'm in.

For no other reason than change for the sake of change.

We are stagnant as a team and I think we have better players than our record and play show. Only way to find out is by a coaching change.

Penquins did it last year, why can't the Sabres?

Actually, this is about where I'm at.  So sick of Disco.

I'm in.

For no other reason than change for the sake of change.

We are stagnant as a team and I think we have better players than our record and play show. Only way to find out is by a coaching change.

Penquins did it last year, why can't the Sabres?

The Pens were a SC caliber team, we sir are not.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a new coach, I'm just not convinced CJ is any better than what we've got.

Boston is the best possession team in the league that's hit a bad stretch of shooting. Meanwhile, we're sucking turds in a toilet. The fact that Julien can get that type of team possession with the flaws on that roster bodes well for when the shooting turns around and/or roster improves. Bylsma's team will continue to muddle through even with more talent because he doesn't know how to generate possession consistently. Edited by TrueBlueGED

This is my position as well. I'm not sure what he's bringing. One positive, he might be the catalyst to get Jack to a higher level. Jack obviously grew up with CJ coaching the Bruins so there is likely an admiration for him. Just a thought though.

If Jack actually does admire CJ and would respond better than to Disco, that is reason enough to pull the trigger, imo.

The Sabres have more raw talent than the Bruins. Julien would get more out of this team than DB can. Not much to work with in beantown other than Marchand, Pastrynak and an aging Bergeron. Their best player is Rask. I was surprised the Bruins were playing as well as they were earlier in the season. I thought for sure they would be behind the Sabres in the standings.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.