GDT: Buffalo at Carolina 7:30 pm ET, 1/13/2017

Doohickie

Hair of the Dog.

Best way to get over a bad experience with alcohol is more alcohol.  Best way to get over a bad experience with hockey is.... more hockey.

The Sabres don't have much time to lick their wounds.  They have to get back to it.  It's a good thing because right now I HATE THIS TEAM but after a satisfying evening of vicarious pillaging and baby eating and of course a Sabres win tonight, I'll love this team all over again.

Like the Sabres, the Hurricanes are on the outside looking in as far as the playoffs are concerned.  But they're closer, so close they can taste it.  It's up to the Sabres to put a bad taste in their mouths.  Go Sabres!

32111608192_547f4383de_b.jpg  32128912462_7128506755_b.jpg

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Ullmark gets his first start of the NHL season in goal, considering the Sabres are playing on consecutive nights and Nilsson lost against Tampa Bay.  (Sorry Anders, no hair of the dog for you!)  We'll probably face Cam Ward for the Canes unless they decide to save him for the Rangers on Saturday.

One other note:  Justin Falk will go up against Justin Faulk tonight.

Let's see.... Doohickie's featured goal scorer is..... Rasmus Ristolainen.  Go get 'em, Rasmus!

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Doohickie

Will Dastardly Dan surprise us with any new and unusual line combinations tonight ? Your guess is as good as mine. In any event this is a must win as are all of our games at this point and moving forward. Can we start the game with a sense of urgency please. 

Go Sabres !

This team has me so down I can't even get excited for pillaging :cry:

Same here. In years past I'd be going to this game and chugging beers and pissing off the people of Raleigh. I haven't had Center Ice for a few years now and even though this game will be on tv, I still may not even watch it. I used to feel anger and frustration with all the losses, but that's been replaced by apathy.

Same here. In years past I'd be going to this game and chugging beers and pissing off the people of Raleigh. I haven't had Center Ice for a few years now and even though this game will be on tv, I still may not even watch it. I used to feel anger and frustration with all the losses, but that's been replaced by apathy.

In that case.... too bad you cared enough to post.

Edited by Doohickie

I missed last night's game,... 'sprobably why I'm not ready to bleed out like everyone else here.

I'm excited. Friday night, three day weekend, we get to see how the young'ns rebound.

I like hockey. It's fun.

... I also like manhattans. Think I'll have one during the game.

I missed last night's game,... 'sprobably why I'm not ready to bleed out like everyone else here.

I'm excited. Friday night, three day weekend, we get to see how the young'ns rebound.

I like hockey. It's fun.

Just one?

So who died and made you grand poobah of who can post in what threads? I think I missed the vote that put you in charge.

That's right.... let the anger flow through you.  YOU CARE!  Admit it.  YOU CARE ABOUT THIS TEAM!  :beer:

Come on, let's both root for a win tonight.  Go Sabres!

I like hockey. It's fun.

You see, this is the right attitude.  Expect success, drink, and enjoy.  I'm trying to embrace my happy-drunk self.  I had coffee out of the red Buffalo mug yesterday but today, it's the blue one (knowing I couldn't use red on a day we play the drizzles).  

Cheers.  

Driveway is all dried up. Going to go put on blades now and shoot around for a while to get myself pumped, and avoid any mention of last night's debacle. 

No way we get swept by the Canes, right?

They're very well-coached and their defense is good at negating our thing. I hope our players are ready to go because they'll need to be.

I wanna see points from Jack. 3 or 4. 

Sabres win 4-2. 

I like hockey. It's fun.

Manhattans are beautiful. Whiskey is a good thing with a Sabres game. But I'm going to give a shoutout to the perfect brandy Manhattan. With a blue cheese-stuffed olive, not a cherry. Try one, you'll even enjoy the Remember the Alamo/Death Star third tonight.

Edited by DarthEbriate

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.