The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

I refuse to humor the office girl who comes up with this sh*t. She can go back to Paychex if she wants to waste my time with stupid corporate BS. I'm here to work. 

I'm pretty sure you should legally be allowed to leave early if that offer was extended to your co-workers, otherwise they would be in a sticky situation of quid-pro quo favoritism. I mean who's to say your current work outfit wasn't just a poor attempt at a christmas sweater?

I refuse to humor the office girl who comes up with this sh*t. She can go back to Paychex if she wants to waste my time with stupid corporate BS. I'm here to work. 

Fair enough. You can always take a white t-shirt and write "ugly xmas sweater" on it with black sharpie and demand your half day off. Then ask to talk to either HR or the union rep if they tell you no.

Fair enough. You can always take a white t-shirt and write "ugly xmas sweater" on it with black sharpie and demand your half day off. Then ask to talk to either HR or the union rep if they tell you no.

Exactly.

It's seemingly harmless, but replace "wear a christmas sweater" with "come paint my house" or "provide sexual favors" and you can see where the slippery slope is. Wearing holiday garb has nothing to do with your actual job.

I'm pretty sure you should legally be allowed to leave early if that offer was extended to your co-workers, otherwise they would be in a sticky situation of quid-pro quo favoritism. I mean who's to say your current work outfit wasn't just a poor attempt at a christmas sweater?

I don't really care that much. My company means well. I'm just more annoyed at how inane it is. 

Nah. They didn't mean anything malicious by it. They're good people. The office girl who comes up with this stuff just doesn't think things through and there's no one really supervising her. 

I don't really care that much. My company means well. I'm just more annoyed at how inane it is. 

Nah. They didn't mean anything malicious by it. They're good people. The office girl who comes up with this stuff just doesn't think things through and there's no one really supervising her. 

Does the beard at least give you half credit?!

Anyone else think chipping in for a present for your boss is absolutely insane? The guy makes 3X what we all do, why the hell would I buy him anything?

My response to the question "hey, you wanna pitch in to buy "the boss" something?"

Was

"Why, did he get me something?"

That was 4 years and 2 bosses ago. Last year my boss bought me a bottle of Dewar's and a $15 cigar. I caved and bought her chocolate.

My old roommate, kiss ass that he is, would buy the vice president of the department and the CEO of the company ridiculous . Like cufflinks and Burberry ties. Brown noseing little . Never got him anywhere.

Had a dream last night. I was in a restaurant, sitting at a table next to an older couple. The lady gets up and runs to the bathroom, the chair almost falling over in the process. I reach over to grab the chair to keep it from falling, only it's covered in diarrhea. I spend the next several hours trying to find a bathroom to wash it off my hand. What does it mean?

Had a dream last night. I was in a restaurant, sitting at a table next to an older couple. The lady gets up and runs to the bathroom, the chair almost falling over in the process. I reach over to grab the chair to keep it from falling, only it's covered in diarrhea. I spend the next several hours trying to find a bathroom to wash it off my hand. What does it mean?

It means you shouldn't touch your food until after you've found the bathroom.

Twitter is a weird place. I regularly interact with John McCain's son Jack, who I find to be a good guy and have a lot in common with. But it's hard for me to not hold my dislike of his father against him. I feel bad for the crap people say to him when they don't like what his dad does in politics, like he has any control over it. But I get their side of it too.

I guess I'd rather assume that Jack is his own man. He doesn't stump for his dad, which I find honorable.

It's not worthy of tomorrow's thread, but I have the usual gripe with my local market and their damn bananas.

They are either way to damn big, or way to damn small.  What I would not do for a nice ... normal ... average sized banana right now.

:bag:

This wont be a problem once bananas go extinct. 

Scratching the cue ball means the opponent gets to put it anywhere on the table, not just behind that little dot. That dot is only for scratching it on the break

You've all been severely lied to. 

People didn't know this? Geez.

To your point, I always laugh when I see bar billiards games where players are intentionally scratching to put their opponent behind the "dot". That's not how it works...

Scratching the cue ball means the opponent gets to put it anywhere on the table, not just behind that little dot. That dot is only for scratching it on the break

Duh, it's called "ball in hand" for a reason.

However, darts is the vastly superior bar game. Especially Cricket and double in/out 501.

Depends on whether you're playing "cue ball in hand" or "cue ball in hand behind the headstring" actually. Different games have different rules & house rules will overrule the "official" billiards rules.

Though (at least according to the 50th anniversary version of "BILLIARDS: The Official Rules and Records Book" published by the Billiards Congress of America) according to the General Rules of Pocket Billiards Rule 3.9 Cue Ball in Hand Behind the Headstring is the default method of restoring the cue ball into play though for particular games (e.g. 9 Ball) the shooter has Cue Ball in Hand & may place the cue ball anywhere on the table provided it isn't contacting the object ball.

:p

PS - Hope this rule didn't cost you too much money when your buddy enforced "Cue Ball in Hand" on you and easily sank the 8. ;)

Depends on whether you're playing "cue ball in hand" or "cue ball in hand behind the headstring" actually. Different games have different rules & house rules will overrule the "official" billiards rules.

Though (at least according to the 50th anniversary version of "BILLIARDS: The Official Rules and Records Book" published by the Billiards Congress of America) according to the General Rules of Pocket Billiards Rule 3.9 Cue Ball in Hand Behind the Headstring is the default method of restoring the cue ball into play though for particular games (e.g. 9 Ball) the shooter has Cue Ball in Hand & may place the cue ball anywhere on the table provided it isn't contacting the object ball.

:p

PS - Hope this rule didn't cost you too much money when your buddy enforced "Cue Ball in Hand" on you and easily sank the 8. ;)

9 ball is the way to go. Better game.

:P

Not to be contrarian, but the APA League rules for 8 ball across the US and in the Vegas championships each year plays "ball in hand" for any Cue ball scratch save for the final 8 ball shot which is an immediate loss. Cue Ball in Hand Behind the Headstring is an antiquated rule IMO.

http://poolplayers.com/8-9-ball-Rules.pdf

Linky for confirmation.

In the Amazon series "The Man in the High Castle", Joe Blake gets out of a car labelled "Eichel Taxi" while in Berlin.

Did Joe pay way too much and not get where he was hoping to go?

(It's a joke, friends.)

This wont be a problem once bananas go extinct. 

There does seem to be an all-out war on bananas right now.

It's not worthy of tomorrow's thread, but I have the usual gripe with my local market and their damn bananas.

They are either way to damn big, or way to damn small.  What I would not do for a nice ... normal ... average sized banana right now.

:bag:

I've found it hard to find bananas that aren't green. I want to go home and eat a banana, not wait until next Tuesday.