The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

2 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

Yes, @Eleven, we’ve all seen Mallrats.  And I’ll agree that’s awesome.  

Sorry to pull a Liger.  Anyway, Jeremy White tweeted this morning that it might be Lee's greatest performance.  Actually, WGR is playing the clip right now!

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

Amazon selected NYC and DC as the two locations for HQ2. The economic incentive packages are pretty sizable. May make it tough to get WNY funding since the focus for NY will be on infrastructure to support Amazon.

https://blog.aboutamazon.com/company-news/amazon-selects-new-york-city-and-northern-virginia-for-new-headquarters

6 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

Amazon selected NYC and DC as the two locations for HQ2. The economic incentive packages are pretty sizable. May make it tough to get WNY funding since the focus for NY will be on infrastructure to support Amazon.

https://blog.aboutamazon.com/company-news/amazon-selects-new-york-city-and-northern-virginia-for-new-headquarters

Can you say oligarchy?  Sure you can.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

When you look at what Virginia gave up, it really looks like NYS got hosed on this one.

Yeah the NYS package looks especially painful for us tax payers.

That said DC was always going to be a favored choice. Bezos owns a house there and preferred that location the whole time

32 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Yeah the NYS package looks especially painful for us tax payers.

That said DC was always going to be a favored choice. Bezos owns a house there and preferred that location the whole time

But hey, let’s hold this massive campaign to make people think all these cities actually have a shot. That should make for some good press.

20 hours ago, shrader said:

But hey, let’s hold this massive campaign to make people think all these cities actually have a shot. That should make for some good press.

20 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

Exactly. It was almost cruel to name a top 20 knowing the outcome was always going to be DC or NYC

It got Amazon access to data on a couple of hundred cities, too.

6 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I could not find my wallet this morning and finally gave up and left for work. Ruined my day. 

My wallet and fob are in the exact same place 30 seconds after I get home every day. Am I the only one? 

My wife and brother on the other hand seemingly throw their most treasures items into the wind as soon as they arrive at their domiciles, hoping in the haste that is always the case when they need to leave they might stumble upon the mystery they left those items in. I've contemplated divorce over this issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

My wallet and fob are in the exact same place 30 seconds after I get home every day. Am I the only one? 

My wife and brother on the other hand seemingly throw their most treasures items into the wind as soon as they arrive at their domiciles, hoping in the haste that is always the case when they need to leave they might stumble upon the mystery they left those items in. I've contemplated divorce over this issue. 

I'm with you. My wallet and my keys are always together and always in the same place. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm with you. My wallet and my keys are always together and always in the same place. 

I’ve been doing this sort of thing for twenty years. I call it “idiot prevention”. I’ve smoked a lot of grass along the way and learned a trick or two. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I’ve been doing this sort of thing for twenty years. I call it “idiot prevention”. I’ve smoked a lot of grass along the way and learned a trick or two. 

I didn't need a boat load of weed (which sounds so good right now as I've abstained for...reasons) to make me do it. It just seemed like the right thing to do. Like putting my seat belt on, every. single. time. I don't even think about it anymore, yet I still see people struggle with the concept. Save the police some work so they don't have to pick your body parts outta your chasis, put your GD seatbelt on. 

Yesterday, my wife and I wanted breakfast, so,… we went and got breakfast.

Apparently that's a thing people do.

On a related note, I left my phone in the bathroom at work. I've never lost a wallet or keys and have never done that before.

Luckily, someone turned it in.