The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

This is a new one.  Doctor conducts a test and then give you bad news.  The doctor then leaves the room, reviews the previous chart, then comes back and essentially says nevermind.  That's enough to confuse most people.  I suppose it probably sits with a person better to get the gut punch first then follow it up with positive news as opposed to the opposite order.

21 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I have no idea how ebay works, or how I will sell them, but I am doing some initial research.

Ken Dryden's rookie card goes for between $250 and $350 ... I have 4, or 5, of them ... all in a safe ... not at my home, or office.

Hockey cards from 70s not sure who I have anymore... Football have a Gale Sayer, Joe Namath, Bob Griese bacically from 66-77 collect football cardds and have a bunch of hockey cards from that era.

Edited by North Buffalo

8 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Hockey cards from 70s not sure who I have anymore... Football have a Gale Sayer, Joe Namath, Bob Griese bacically from 66-77 collect football cardds and have a bunch of hockey cards from that era.

Hockey cards, some have value, many / most don't.

Football (US style) and Baseball cards (I have some) can be worth a whole lot.

23 minutes ago, shrader said:

This is a new one.  Doctor conducts a test and then give you bad news.  The doctor then leaves the room, reviews the previous chart, then comes back and essentially says nevermind.  That's enough to confuse most people.  I suppose it probably sits with a person better to get the gut punch first then follow it up with positive news as opposed to the opposite order.

Is this what happened to you, or are you just relaying a random thought passed on to you by someone?

I am happy for the happy ending either way.

I'm glad I was going northbound on the highway this morning and not south.  A bus hit a car and causes a 5 car chain reaction collision.  Fortunately it looked to be very slow speed because there wasn't much damage.  Still, the traffic was backed up for about 10 miles on that side of the road because it's only 2 lanes.  There's going to be some very hostile people in certain offices this afternoon when they finally get to work.

10 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Someone open the complaint thread, I have complaining to do

I wonder why the Thursday and Friday threads can't be programmed to unlock at midnight, 6 AM, or ... pick a time.  They are programmed to lock at midnight. 

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
... let it all out right here ...

52 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I wonder why the Thursday and Friday threads can't be programmed to unlock at midnight, 6 AM, or ... pick a time.  They are programmed to lock at midnight. 

Same, always wondered that.

Also, did you move to Scotland?

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Same, always wondered that.

Also, did you move to Scotland?

No.  You must have missed my update.

Nova Scotia is Latin for New Scotland, which is what the King (James, maybe) of England at the time ... 1600's ... named the territory that is Nova Scotia for England.

I got sick of the space between my N and my S.  

Anyway, as always just call me 'NS'.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
you Charlie ...

I have no idea what I just watched, but it wasn't Mallrats, so it's not Stan Lee's greatest cameo.  I'll confess that I don't know much about comic books or comic book movies other than the basic Batman movies.

Edited by Eleven

26 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I have no idea what I just watched, but it wasn't Mallrats, so it's not Stan Lee's greatest cameo.  I'll confess that I don't know much about comic books or comic book movies other than the basic Batman movies.

It’s Stan Lee, founding father of Marvel doing a cameo in a DC movie for s**ts and giggles, with the giggles directed entirely at him.  Awesome.