The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

2 hours ago, josie said:

I'm doing a poll on twitter to pick the next painting I do- I'm going to do a current Sabre. 

Skinner and Pommers have been taking the lead from each other but dark horse dahlin is in second now... 1990654585_ScreenShot2018-10-26at10_06_43AM.thumb.png.476d914677651fab038fe51e402ebee8.png

I retweeted a bunch of times.... hope your overall poll numbers increase 10 fold

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, josie said:

I'm doing a poll on twitter to pick the next painting I do- I'm going to do a current Sabre. 

Skinner and Pommers have been taking the lead from each other but dark horse dahlin is in second now... 1990654585_ScreenShot2018-10-26at10_06_43AM.thumb.png.476d914677651fab038fe51e402ebee8.png

Don't partake of Twitter much, so like NS will provide my take here.

Has to be Dahlin.  You need to have 1 of him from his rookie season for posterity's sake & from the way you've described your current workload, don't know that you'll get to that if his portrait slides to 2nd or 3rd on the list.

My 2 cents, at any rate.  Probably not worth quite that much. ;)

• Like (+1) 1

3 weeks ...

I have cut back to 1 additional / very strong coffee after my usual normal Turkish / Bosnian pot ... 5 - 6 espresso size cups of very strong each morning.

I need to cut back and eliminate my sucking on, well chewing, suckers, though.  After this coming week they will be all gone.

Edited by N S
I don't spell very goodly ...
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Don't partake of Twitter much, so like NS will provide my take here.

Has to be Dahlin.  You need to have 1 of him from his rookie season for posterity's sake & from the way you've described your current workload, don't know that you'll get to that if his portrait slides to 2nd or 3rd on the list.

My 2 cents, at any rate.  Probably not worth quite that much. ?

I did a quick Dahlin (doesn't even have his number) right around the draft, which is why I'm cool with doing someone else first. But I'm going to paint everyone on that list this year, provided I have the time and the Sabres don't go completely down the sh!tter. Just polling to drum up some interest and pick the first one. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, N S said:

3 weeks ...

I have cut back to 1 additional / very strong coffee after my usual normal Turkish / Bosnian pot ... 5 - 6 espresso size cups of very strong each morning.

I need to cut back and eliminate my sucking on, well chewing, suckers, though.  After this coming week they will be all gone.

take your time ease back over total 3 months, its a process not an event

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, inkman said:

Is Kombucha the latest snake oil variation?

I had never seen that word until you just typed it. I've definitely never heard it spoken. And now that I've googled it, I'm sure I'll never hear of it again.

19 minutes ago, inkman said:

Is it normal for a parent to let a child bring a toy grenade to a play area and let said child heave it into the air in the middle of soda play area? Can people be this oblivious?

That is just plain nuts.

The only thing worse would be for them to bring a real one, which is probably not as far fetched as it may sound.

I was stopped by a lady while walking into the grocery store with a mountain of plastic bags to recycle. She asked if I was going to recycle them. Yep. Then she asked if she could have them.    Sure. Have fun with your 500 new plastic bags.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, inkman said:

Is Kombucha the latest snake oil variation?

Feel like everyone I know and their sister are making kombucha and have been for the last 4-5 years. They're all obsessed with growing SCOBYs and sharing them and I don't know.

I admit I like some of it (only the ginger stuff, some of that sh!t gets weird- pineapple pina colada kombucha? get out of here). But most of it isn't super to my tastes. And I have to be careful because it uh... it goes through you. But in small amounts it actually seems to help some of my GI issues. 

Quinoa though... nope, never could get into it. Like bitter, nasty itty bitty fish roe. Like chia seeds, gets stuck in your teeth. Bleh.

sidenote- if i had to go with a good thing that's going snake oil quickly, it's CBD oil. Good, until every essential oil MLM b.s. wannabe company gets ahold of it and overprices crap versions of it as a wonderdrug that cures everything.... 

Edited by josie

11 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I hope it tastes better than quinoa.

It's like pasta or rice.  You have to add flavor or a sauce.

7 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I was stopped by a lady while walking into the grocery store with a mountain of plastic bags to recycle. She asked if I was going to recycle them. Yep. Then she asked if she could have them.    Sure. Have fun with your 500 new plastic bags.

I am having so much fun envisioning an older woman plunging herself into a mountain of plastic bags and rolling around like a child.

1 minute ago, EichSnipe said:

My guess: she’s using them to pick up her dog’s poop ?

Or she's a crazy person like my wife's deceased aunt. She had an entire room full of them in her house. She "gifted" us enough to fill the entire storage area in my Grand Cherokee. Bat. *****. Crazy.

Quinoa and kombucha are both awesome. I'm not sure I buy some of the more outlandish health claims for kombucha, but it's good and a bunch of good gut bacteria can't be bad for you. I'm just sad that I screwed up my SCOBY last week because I was in a hurry so I need to get a new one.

So, I went to our hottie dentist today for a cleaning (she doesn't do that, but she has hottie hygenists for that) and an inspection (is that what they call it?  I don't think so).

Hottie, or not, she is not getting a whole pile of $ out of me for an inplant, or two.  We talked about this before, but she keeps trying.

I did agree to a filling, or two, though.

Edited by N S
page break stupidity ...

17 hours ago, MattPie said:

Quinoa and kombucha are both awesome. I'm not sure I buy some of the more outlandish health claims for kombucha, but it's good and a bunch of good gut bacteria can't be bad for you. I'm just sad that I screwed up my SCOBY last week because I was in a hurry so I need to get a new one.

What in the wild world is your avatar now?