The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

2 hours ago, N S said:

So, I went to our hottie dentist today for a cleaning (she doesn't do that, but she has hottie hygenists for that) and an inspection (is that what they call it?  I don't think so).

Hottie, or not, she is not getting a whole pile of $ out of me for an inplant, or two.  We talked about this before, but she keeps trying.

I did agree to a filling, or two, though.

Couple of Q's.

1.  If she's that much of a hottie, why does she need implants?  

2.  Why are YOU paying for them?  Can't imagine your wife will be pleased.

And, not really a question, more of a suggestion.  If you're buying her 1, you might as well go ahead & splurge for the 2nd.  She won't be nearly as hot w/ 1 significantly larger than the other.  My 2 cents. :p

EDIT: Nevermind.  Thought you said she WAS getting a pile of money for the implants, not that she wasn't.  Oooops.  Smart choice, preserving you domestic bliss.  Like Jeff Allen always says: happy wife, happy life.  ;)

Edited by Taro T
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Taro T said:

Couple of Q's.

And, not really a question, more of a suggestion.  If you're buying her 1, you might as well go ahead & splurge for the 2nd.  She won't be nearly as hot w/ 1 significantly larger than the other.  My 2 cents. ?

EDIT: Nevermind.  Thought you said she WAS getting a pile of money for the implants, not that she wasn't.  Oooops.  Smart choice, preserving you domestic bliss.  Like Jeff Allen always says: happy wife, happy life. ?

I am the one supposedly getting the implants.  She has no need.  Yup.  Her, uuummm, teeth, yeah that's it, teeth, are perfect.

LOL ...

Edited by N S
my wife thinks our dentist is a hottie too ...
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Anyone know of a good cook book/website? Trying to get into cooking. Been doing some chilis and basic dishes lately, so anything up that alley would be much appreciated 

About 10 years ago, my mom was insisting on getting me a Christmas present (like mother's do) and I legit, never need anything. So I said, f### it, you wanna do something, how bout you and Dad make me a cook book. And I had her and my father put together a cook book of all the recipes that they made for us when I was growing up. It was a great and familiar way to get started with making dinner. Since then I've used numerous grilling cook books, and BBQ cook books. There are millions of recipes online and on Food Network. Some people like using Pinterest (I hate it). What are you into eating? Amazon has a cook book for it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ubkev said:

About 10 years ago, my mom was insisting on getting me a Christmas present (like mother's do) and I legit, never need anything. So I said, f### it, you wanna do something, how bout you and Dad make me a cook book. And I had her and my father put together a cook book of all the recipes that they made for us when I was growing up. It was a great and familiar way to get started with making dinner. Since then I've used numerous grilling cook books, and BBQ cook books. There are millions of recipes online and on Food Network. Some people like using Pinterest (I hate it). What are you into eating? Amazon has a cook book for it.

Soup, stews, chili...feel like starting out with anything that can be made in a crockpot is a good way to go. Plus I like the act of buying a ton of ingredients and dicing them all up, throwing them together and what not. Trying to stay away from anything that takes more advanced cooking tools for now as I don't have them

56 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Anyone know of a good cook book/website? Trying to get into cooking. Been doing some chilis and basic dishes lately, so anything up that alley would be much appreciated 

The Joy of Cooking.  It’s a classic for good reason.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, N S said:

I am the one supposedly getting the implants.  She has no need.  Yup.  Her, uuummm, teeth, yeah that's it, teeth, are perfect.

LOL ...

My neighbor who conducts mammograms was talking about how aging has some very bad effects on people who get implants.  So you probably made the right decision by passing on your implants.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Soup, stews, chili...feel like starting out with anything that can be made in a crockpot is a good way to go. Plus I like the act of buying a ton of ingredients and dicing them all up, throwing them together and what not. Trying to stay away from anything that takes more advanced cooking tools for now as I don't have them

Google "one pot meal cookbook" and I think you'll find a lot of good ones.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

https://www.amazon.com/How-Cook-Everything-Simple-Recipes/dp/0471789186/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=488DX40MBK9EH23NK7JW

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, WildCard said:

I developed my love of cooking watching Alton Brown's Good Eats. I dig the science-y approach to cooking. The cookbooks based on the show are good too; you can usually find the episode on youtube so you can watch someone make the dish and then try it at home.

Most of my cooking lately has been Instant Pot, since it's easier to manage a 4-year-old while doing it. I have a pretty good Instant Pot Cookbook at home that I'll share if anyone is interested.

• Like (+1) 1

WildCard, it's been said that if you can make a good omelet, you're really doing something. Eggs are tricky. There's a great video of Julia Child making an omelet in about 10 seconds in very hot buttered skillet. Try a souffle. Just never, ever try to make MODO's phat panny. You will be a broken man. Only one man has gone there and come back to tell the tale.

+++++

So, you guys and gals know what I am attempting here and so far so good.  You(s) have offered great support for my efforts.  I am approaching the end of week 3.

As of last Saturday I stopped eating hard candy, suckers to be exact.  It was a great suggestion and I thank NB for it, as it really helped.

I am the type of person that goes on binges, both good and bad.  Last Thursday and Friday I ate 50 suckers each day.  My tongue was going to fall off.  So, I decided to just stop.

Now I have substituted ... you guessed it ... CHOCOLATE!!  They say that chocolate is a substitute for many things.  I just ate a whole giant chocolate bar (300 grams) in one sitting.

Yup.  I am once again staring down that rabbit hole.

On 10/29/2018 at 6:25 PM, Taro T said:

Couple of Q's.

And, not really a question, more of a suggestion.  If you're buying her 1, you might as well go ahead & splurge for the 2nd.  She won't be nearly as hot w/ 1 significantly larger than the other.  My 2 cents. ?

EDIT: Nevermind.  Thought you said she WAS getting a pile of money for the implants, not that she wasn't.  Oooops.  Smart choice, preserving you domestic bliss.  Like Jeff Allen always says: happy wife, happy life. ?

22 hours ago, N S said:

Just to be clear to everybody ...

The implants were for in my mouth and not in my ...

Man I had to read this back through. I actually thought you were talking about her bewbs.  Am I the only idiot? 

I was gonna mention how they seem to get in the way because of the close qaurters invloved but carry on.  

Do people normally refer to false teeth as implants?  Maybe it's the norm and I'm just a prevert. 

18 minutes ago, N S said:

+++++

So, you guys and gals know what I am attempting here and so far so good.  You(s) have offered great support for my efforts.  I am approaching the end of week 3.

As of last Saturday I stopped eating hard candy, suckers to be exact.  It was a great suggestion and I thank NB for it, as it really helped.

I am the type of person that goes on binges, both good and bad.  Last Thursday and Friday I ate 50 suckers each day.  My tongue was going to fall off.  So, I decided to just stop.

Now I have substituted ... you guessed it ... CHOCOLATE!!  They say that chocolate is a substitute for many things.  I just ate a whole giant chocolate bar (300 grams) in one sitting.

Yup.  I am once again staring down that rabbit hole.

Am I the only person who abstains from the word sucker when referring to lollipops?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

Man I had to read this back through. I actually thought you were talking about her bewbs.  Am I the only idiot? 

I was gonna mention how they seem to get in the way because of the close qaurters invloved but carry on.  

Do people normally refer to false teeth as implants?  Maybe it's the norm and I'm just a prevert. 

Am I the only person who abstains from the word sucker when referring to lollipops?

Yes.  

And, yes.

• Sad 1