The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

13 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Hahaha, I have worked very hard in life to get to the point where I am. I want to experience the world, I work to live, not live to work, I've never wanted kids and commitment scares the living crap out me. I get many akward responses to my globetrotting, this one was hilarious ?

Come to the SS meetup!!! 

Words to live by, right there.

We did, but at the moment we can't.  So, do everything that you want to now.

And another thing related to the above ...

I am so glad that we were fortunate to be able and did spend a lot of time in Croatia, perticularily Dubrovnik, before it was overrun.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/game-of-thrones-tourism-1.4832882

The above is sad, really.

1 minute ago, N S said:

Never mind that.

What I want to know is what the heck does Woody have in his right side pocket?

Well I'm in Bali..... So it's clearly a stash of condoms...... ???

9 minutes ago, shrader said:

I’m waiting for the follow up story in the national news about an American impaled by an elephant tusk. 

Or will my tusk be the one Impaling something.... ??????

On 9/21/2018 at 9:56 AM, inkman said:

I want to fight every person who leaves me a voicemail. Its 2018 folks. I know you called. I got a little red 1 on my phone app, telling me who called and when. If you leave a voicemail to tell me you called, you are an idiot. 

I'm the opposite.  If you call me and I don't recognize your number, I likely won't answer (too much spam).  But if you have a legitimate purpose for calling me, leave a message and I'll get back with you.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Hey now. Says the one who never responds to pigeons.

I mean, I'm perfectly happy using email. I don't have a cell phone so I can't call or text. But if I try to email students of mine, or other grad students, there's no goddamn way I'm getting an answer from them, so I don't bother anymore. Adults are the only people to ever respond to them

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I mean, I'm perfectly happy using email. I don't have a cell phone so I can't call or text. But if I try to email students of mine, or other grad students, there's no goddamn way I'm getting an answer from them, so I don't bother anymore. Adults are the only people to ever respond to them

Wait,… Wut!?

43 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

This, actually, helps restore my hope for the future.

Someday, some of you might find yourselves on a roadtrip.  You might, for a moment, stop at a gas station or something to take care of nature, gas up the car, and get snacks.

At that point in your life, a choice might confront you:  Do you buy the Hot Buffalo flavored Bugles, or do you not?

Some choices in life are difficult.  Some are not.  

This is not.  DO NOT BUY THAT, and if you accidentally do buy it (like inkman's kid threw it in your cart or something), DO NOT EAT.

They are just as bad for you as normal Bugles, and actually more disgusting (I didn't know it was possible).

I am home now, after nine days of planes, trains, and automobiles.  (It was the car trip that prompted the Bugle purchase because where the F else besides roadside convenience stores in like Warsaw (NY) or Canandaigua or whyever does that sh*t even exist?)

But finally, I am home.  omigosh I hate traveling across this state.  (No offense to any of you because I didn't call you to meet up, please; I didn't have time.)

EDIT:  I actually am in bed at 7:44 on a Saturday.  Nine days of Syracuse-Buffalo-NYC-Albany-Syracuse-Buffalo-Canadaigua-Buffalo, with only 7 hours max at home on the Buffalo stops will do that.  Goodnight all.

EDIT 2:  This post is sponsored by Bugles.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I am under the belief that Eleven came out of the womb with a 3 piece suit on, and wasn't allowed to laugh until the age of 23 ??

Sportcoat and slacks, geez.  And there was a dress code.

Edited by Eleven

8 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

All I remember is putting bugles on my fingers as a kid and acting like a witch, cmon, we all did it. 

8 hours ago, Eleven said:

No, that's a little weird.

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

No, you're weird.

I can confirm that Eleven is the weird one here.  Every singe child in the history of ever has done bugle witch-fingers.