Former All Star/Sabre Legend Retires

apuszczalowski

So does his number go up in the rafters?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/john-scott-retires-professional-hockey/

Kinda sad that no one mentioned this yet around here, I know there was alot of hatred from people here towards him while he was here.

I work with someone whos neighbor is Johns parents, he met him a few times and everything I always heard about him was how nice of a guy he is.

Enjoy retirement and spending time with your family, you may not have had the most skill, but heard he was always trying to improve and did something even the best people here have never had a chance to do

Don't know many that hated big john. Know lots of fans that root for other teams that loved him for his working class struggle to get to the league in the first place. Came from the school of hard knocks and ended it with an all star appearance and a m.v.p. award from the fans. What more could he ask for but to be appreciated by the fans. John has nothing to be ashamed of in his 8 seasons imo. Enjoy your retirement John. I always appreciated what you brought to the team. Because of your presence the rest of the guys could walk a little taller.

"All Star fiasco" - Ha!.......Matter of perspective.

Some of my favorite Sabres played every game like it was going to be their last (see Adam Mair, Patrick Kaleta, etc.) with marginal NHL talent. John should be proud of his career and I hope he does wind up in a broadcast booth.  

My autographed picture is of him breaking Thornton's face.

Good stuff. That would have been my choice as well.

"All Star fiasco" - Ha!.......Matter of perspective.

Some of my favorite Sabres played every game like it was going to be their last (see Adam Mair, Patrick Kaleta, etc.) with marginal NHL talent. John should be proud of his career and I hope he does wind up in a broadcast booth.  

I didn't mean that in a derogatory way towards Scott at all, more towards Bettman and the pukes who tried to deny Scott and the fans what so many of us voted for. I love the grinder type players. Ray, May, Mair, Kaleta, and Scott have been some of my favorite past Sabres just like Deslauriers is now.

Good stuff. That would have been my choice as well.

I didn't mean that in a derogatory way towards Scott at all, more towards Bettman and the pukes who tried to deny Scott and the fans what so many of us voted for. I love the grinder type players. Ray, May, Mair, Kaleta, and Scott have been some of my favorite past Sabres just like Deslauriers is now.

I was guessing that is what you meant. One of the great sports moments watching with my two sons. And you are right about Deslauriers.

Edited by BMWR100RT

I appreciate guys who make the most of what limited talent they have.  He found his niche in the NHL and excelled at it.  From what I've heard he was always considered a great teammate.  I hadn't watched an all star game in many years until last years game.    I especially liked the times he would pop up behind the other players during interviews.

I wish they'd replace Milbury with John Scott, that would make broadcasts so much better.

Wouldn't that be the ultimate irony. A-hole, who made his NHL living as a goon, decries the "travesty" of a good guy, that made his NHL living as a goon, getting a moment in the sun, & ends up losing his current job to said good guy. No doubt largely in part to the way both brought their true selves to the surface regarding that "travesty."

Too bad it won't happen. :(

If you watch the replays closely you'll see Scott had a hold of his helmet strap. That fight was brutal.

Brutal and epic.

Will you please put in your will that woodsie gets that picture upon your ultimate dimise.

I have free skydiving passes also.

Thanks in advance.

I'm afraid of flying in planes. However, jumping out of them is right up my alley.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.