Things the NHL gets wrong

LGR4GM

With the closing of General Fanager AKA Capgeek, it struck me as another thing the NHL should be doing but doesn't because they suck. So I figured we could have a thread dedicated to the dumb that is the NHL front office. My first example is the fact the NHL themselves do not run a website with Capgeeks functionality. The data clearly exists and you can do it but the NHL sucks to much to get on board.

Personally I love how the free wheeling 2006 game is replaced with the impeding of 2016 and the excuse from the league was coaching and systems... yea that is why I watch Gorges skating 3 strides right and grab the forward attempting to retrieve the puck he just chipped in... the system freaking hacks. So have at it. 

- Too many teams

- Bettman

- The lottery

- Division names

- Scheduling

- Outdoor games

- Shootout

- Ads

- The point system

- Suspensions

- Penalties

- Calder Trophy

- All Star voting

- REPLAY

Honestly, there are about a total of 3 things the NHL has right

- The Cup

- 4 rounds of 7 games

- Jerseys

Annnnnnnnndddd that's it

Edited by WildCard

Calgary scores, Rick says goal, ref waves it off, Rick says no goal, officials meet, ref says good goal, no explanation from the ref, Rick and Rob confused, fans confused (me anyway, listening on the radio).

The NHL doesn't think the broadcasters and fans, not to mention the people in the building, deserve to know why a goal was allowed. Makes it easier to cover their mess in kitty litter later, I guess.

"intent to blow the whistle" 

Apparently not.

Edited by PASabreFan

Calgary scores, Rick says goal, ref waves it off, Rick says no goal, officials meet, ref says good goal, no explanation from the ref, Rick and Rob confused, fans confused (me anyway, listening on the radio).

The NHL doesn't think the broadcasters and fans, not to mention the people in the building, deserve to know why a goal was allowed. Makes it easier to cover their mess in kitty litter later, I guess.

Apparently not.

The good thing is, at least the refs got it right.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.