GDT: Buffalo at Calgary, 9:00 PM ET, 10/18/2016

Doohickie

I always end up missing the West Coast games. I get up at 4am, so a 9pm start is a pretty late for me. I'll probably catch the first period then go to bed. I'll record the rest and assuming I can avoid the score (very easy here since few people like hockey) I'll watch the rest after work tomorrow instead.

Calgary is 0-2-1 right now I think, so they are going to be hungry for a win. And Chad Johnson was pretty solid for us, so I expect him to come up big.

Definitely hoping we see the Sabres from game 2 and not the lunks in game 1.

I always end up missing the West Coast games. I get up at 4am, so a 9pm start is a pretty late for me. I'll probably catch the first period then go to bed. I'll record the rest and assuming I can avoid the score (very easy here since few people like hockey) I'll watch the rest after work tomorrow instead.

Calgary is 0-2-1 right now I think, so they are going to be hungry for a win. And Chad Johnson was pretty solid for us, so I expect him to come up big.

Definitely hoping we see the Sabres from game 2 and not the lunks in game 1.

If the Sabres play the same they did against EDM, they'll lose this one.   Lehner made some Hasek like stops and Talbot was... well.... Talbot.   This is a revenge game for Chad Johnson, I see 2 PP goals from Moulson and that's about it.... Gaudreau is due to explode he's had chances left and right but can't find the net... he get a few tonight.

If the Sabres play the same they did against EDM, they'll lose this one.   Lehner made some Hasek like stops and Talbot was... well.... Talbot.   This is a revenge game for Chad Johnson, I see 2 PP goals from Moulson and that's about it.... Gaudreau is due to explode he's had chances left and right but can't find the net... he get a few tonight.

That true, we benefited from the goaltending matchup on both sides, but they still played with a lot more energy the whole game than in game 1.

The Folino-Larson-Gionta line was great on both ends of the ice picking up where they left off last season.

Plus the chemistry of RoR, Opsoso and Samson looked promising.

I'm having a hard time telling whose being serious about Moulson and whose ragging on him. He was good for us once upon a time and I hope his play through 2 games isn't a fluke. If he can get 20+ goals this season that'd be a huge help, especially early in the season with Eichel and now Kane out.

Ennis though is looking a bit lost out there. He seems to be working hard, but not seeing much results. I can see him getting frustrated and spiraling out like Moulson did last year.

Time will tell. Not enough data yet to know what we'll be getting on a regular basis.

I'll go 5-2 CGY.

Moulson 2 PP goals.

Gaudreau 3 goals.   Power play, even strength, empty net.

Bennett/Tkachuk goal each. 

Johnson 36 saves, Lehner 28 saves.

That true, we benefited from the goaltending matchup on both sides, but they still played with a lot more energy the whole game than in game 1.

The Folino-Larson-Gionta line was great on both ends of the ice picking up where they left off last season.

Plus the chemistry of RoR, Opsoso and Samson looked promising.

I'm having a hard time telling whose being serious about Moulson and whose ragging on him. He was good for us once upon a time and I hope his play through 2 games isn't a fluke. If he can get 20+ goals this season that'd be a huge help, especially early in the season with Eichel and now Kane out.

Ennis though is looking a bit lost out there. He seems to be working hard, but not seeing much results. I can see him getting frustrated and spiraling out like Moulson did last year.

Time will tell. Not enough data yet to know what we'll be getting on a regular basis.

Me... I predicted a 30g season for Moulson, like a phoenix rising from the ashes, he'll be rewarded for all the work he put in this offseason.  

LGR4GM not a Moulson fan.   

Anyway, yeah Ennis is still searching for his game.   He does seem to be working hard and looks fit and fast out there, so hopefully he polishes up the mental side and starts making more plays.   I think he'll get there, but it might be another 3 or 4 weeks.     Which could be around when Eichel comes back, so theoretically you'd slot Ennis into Reinhart's spot with O'Reilly and Okposo, and put Reinhart back with Eichel and Moulson (who'll have +10 goals by then and moved up to the top 6 :P )

I don't feel very appreciated for starting this thread.  Just sayin'.

Ungrating bastages.

How can we take you seriously when you have that bird on your head?  Says the man with the cartoon character....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.