Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Close! I have about 100 pages left until I finish the kids' section

Quick, go home and finish those 100 pages!  lol

I have high hopes that this might be the best Stephen King movie adaptation ever, but I'm still being a chicken about seeing the movie (especially by myself), haha.

What are considered the good King adaptions other than The Shining?

Hard to say because he has so darn many... I enjoyed the TV miniseries for both The Stand and IT, but I also saw both prior to reading the books, and that's been the case (for me) for most of his movie adaptations.  I've heard Carrie was well done, but I've actually neither read the book nor seen the movie!

Edit: I missed the most obvious good one:  Misery!

Edited by biodork

The Mist movie from 10 years ago was also pretty damn awesome, although I never read the book. I've watched Season 1 of the show on FX/SciFi or whatever channel it was on. Pretty good so far but not as good as the movie although part of what I love so much about the movie was how it ended and since the show isn't over it's pretty much impossible to measure up at this point.

Edited by Drunkard

The Mist movie from 10 years ago was also pretty damn awesome, although I never read the book. I've watched Season 1 of the show on FX/SciFi or whatever channel it was on. Pretty good so far but not as good as the movie although part of what I love so much about the movie was how it ended and since the show isn't over it's pretty much impossible to measure up at this point.

I've heard that King himself said the ending to the movie of The Mist was better than his own. 

Freakin' haunting flick. I remember watching it in college- I was under the impression we were watching a "so bad it's good" film, as most King film adaptions are. Nope.. totally had nightmares. 

I've heard that King himself said the ending to the movie of The Mist was better than his own. 

Freakin' haunting flick. I remember watching it in college- I was under the impression we were watching a "so bad it's good" film, as most King film adaptions are. Nope.. totally had nightmares. 

It was gnarly for sure. It still holds up well too. I burned it when it first came out on dvd and the last time I watched it was maybe a year ago and it was still good. Several actors from the Walking Dead are also in it (Carol, Dale, and Andrea for sure, maybe some others, but I think that's it).

Yes, it's better than the movie that is widely considered to be one of the best of all time. Seriously, it is. 

And then The Green Mile is an even better prison story than THAT.

Oh man, I forgot about The Green Mile, too.  Never heard of Apt Pupil... will have to check it out!

That was so much better than the book. A++ acting, and they didn't ruin the movie by putting the best scenes in the trailer.

It deviates a good amount from the book, but in a good way. One of the very few times it's movie > book for me

Nice! I have a hard time believing it's better, but great to hear it's at least as good!