Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Never really felt the desire to see this movie, but was listening to some Hans zimmer on youtube and saw this.

Have to say this is the best F1 movie made so far, from a F1 era where two pilots died each year, and the survivors were treated like heroes.

Rush is a great movie to watch.

Yes indeedly.  Very entertaining.

Although I have to admit I've recently watched a few of the "Fast & Furious" movies and have enjoyed them.  Vin Diesel is an awful actor, but overall the movies have great pace and are very good action thrillers IMHO.

Yes indeedly. Very entertaining.

Although I have to admit I've recently watched a few of the "Fast & Furious" movies and have enjoyed them. Vin Diesel is an awful actor, but overall the movies have great pace and are very good action thrillers IMHO.

I love the Fast & Furious series. They built such a loyal fanbase and got to make 8 movies so far. And instead of the sequels getting stale they ramp up the ridiculousness of the action scenes into this fun/awesome/campy place.

The Rock recently called Vin Diesel a candy ass. The context was "All the women on the set of F8 were so awesome to work with. One cast member was a candy ass." I will never be able to look at Vin Diesel again and not think "Candy Ass."

(Unfortunately, F8 was kinda bad. I blame the candy ass.)

Went up to Ithaca to see It Comes At Night tonight. I was so excited to see it! It's director Trey Schults's second movie. His first movie is called Krisha, an indie film he shot with his family in 9 days with so little money. Krisha is amazing. Fantastic. Touching. Frightening. Real.

It Comes At Night is such a disappointment. Basically a rehash of The Witch, but it's not tethered to anything. It's not scary and it's not about anything. It's a believable post-apocalyptic setting, but absolutely nothing is done with it.

At least I watched Zodiac and Nightcrawler earlier (Gyllenhaal double feature!), so my good movie itch was already scratched for today.

I watched Twilight last night. It's hilarious. Firmly in the so bad it's good category. Mormon sexual values, over-the-top angsty deliveries, and amazingly cheap special effects.

The Harry Potter movies that came out around the same time had $150-250 budgets, while Twilight comes in at a miniscule $37 mil.

It felt like the director was making fun of the movie the whole time. Randomly tilting the camera as often as possible and pointlessly inserting a bunch of Michael Bay spinny shots.

Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart both being damn fine actors makes their horrible performances in this movie even funnier.

10/10

Edited by qwksndmonster

​I don't understand the point of this slang.  Why drop the 'd' from hyped?  I've seen this more and more lately.

​*shrug* I guess I'm just old now.

It's like the opposite of when people for some reason started adding a "T" after "wooooooo", to make WOOOT!

It's like the opposite of when people for some reason started adding a "T" after "wooooooo", to make WOOOT!

At least they're not adding an H into that word like people like to do sometimes with "wooooooo".  "Whooooooooo" is a question and not something Ric Flair would yell out.

My wife and I saw "Wonder Woman" over the weekend.  (We found a screening that men were permitted to attend.)  The last 20 min or so were pretty corny/formulaic, but overall it was pretty good.

I enjoyed it, but I wish it hadn't got so much hype (there's that word again, used properly though). For me personally, the bar was set way too high after hearing those initial reactions.

At least they're not adding an H into that word like people like to do sometimes with "wooooooo".  "Whooooooooo" is a question and not something Ric Flair would yell out.

I enjoyed it, but I wish it hadn't got so much hype (there's that word again, used properly though). For me personally, the bar was set way too high after hearing those initial reactions.

Yeahh. What I want is enough badass woman movies where they DON'T have to freakin' carry the complicated expectations of society, and can just be good, bad, stand on their own, like most movies... The last female superhero movie before this was... Elektra. Oof. Unless you count Suckerpunch. Also oof. 

And yeah, second half... bleh. However, I'd just watch the first half and the Amazonian battling over and over for a week straight pretty happily. Claire Underwood as a classical fighting general? Yes please. Watch out, Frank.