The Instigators - Andrew Peters and the Radio Show

LGR4GM

The show changed names so here is a new thread for it.

They are having a great convo today about Jack and all that goes into his absence and recovery. They also are talking about how the Sabres have no respect in the league. How the players on the team have a business like attitude post losing Jack Eichel but they know they need to go out and win. Talking about going on and building some respect.

I like Rivet and Peters. I don't agree with them all the time, but I enjoy their banter. It's good noise while I work.

Same here, in fact they are even better On Demand because they take out all the commercials. Being in Texas there is a dearth of hockey talk so even at their worst, they are a good listen.

Listening to today's show/podcast. I know Danny Gare started it yesterday, but Rivet should probably cut it out with the "Sedin Sisters" bit...

Yeah, it's very amatuerish.

The Sedin's are still fun to watch, they generate so much offensive together, it's ridiculous.   They're also very involved in the community and charities in VAN.    They're great for the game, the NHL needs more players like them... calling them "sisters" is just ignorant and childish. 

The Sedin's are still fun to watch, they generate so much offensive together, it's ridiculous. They're also very involved in the community and charities in VAN. They're great for the game, the NHL needs more players like them... calling them "sisters" is just ignorant and childish.

Agreed. Sydney Crosby also has to go.

The Sedin's are still fun to watch, they generate so much offensive together, it's ridiculous. They're also very involved in the community and charities in VAN. They're great for the game, the NHL needs more players like them... calling them "sisters" is just ignorant and childish.

It's worse than amateur it's misogyny. Downright degrading to women. Disparaging a man by claiming he's a woman is about as straight forward misogynistic as it can get.

It's worse than amateur it's misogyny. Downright degrading to women. Disparaging a man by claiming he's a woman is about as straight forward misogynistic as it can get.

C'mon now ink. You're talking about locker room talk for real. Jocks talking about jocks on a jock show. Amateur hour for sure but I think this should be perfectly acceptable. Think of what they're saying in the actual locker room. Good grief we need to lighten up. 

TRUMP

I have warmed up a bit to Peters and Rivet on the show...I still think some of what they say is a little hard to listen to, but I'm ok with the show overall.

I just think the show would be better with a professional media person running it.  Slyvester was pretty good at it....the show was even better when Matt Coller was one of the guys on it to keep it on track.

They really need one of the WGR guys to 'moderate' this show.  Even if it is one of the younger/weekend guys...one of the daily producers...have them as part of a show to try to keep it a tad more professional and reduce the ammount of time dedicated to 'locker room talk' and stories of how things were 'back in the day when we played'.

I have warmed up a bit to Peters and Rivet on the show...I still think some of what they say is a little hard to listen to, but I'm ok with the show overall.

I just think the show would be better with a professional media person running it.  Slyvester was pretty good at it....the show was even better when Matt Coller was one of the guys on it to keep it on track.

They really need one of the WGR guys to 'moderate' this show.  Even if it is one of the younger/weekend guys...one of the daily producers...have them as part of a show to try to keep it a tad more professional and reduce the ammount of time dedicated to 'locker room talk' and stories of how things were 'back in the day when we played'.

I think they need a well educated fan to balance them out. 

C'mon now ink. You're talking about locker room talk for real. Jocks talking about jocks on a jock show. Amateur hour for sure but I think this should be perfectly acceptable. Think of what they're saying in the actual locker room. Good grief we need to lighten up.

TRUMP

Maybe I'm jaded because the one Canadian I know runs around calling everyone "girly men" but I don't think that kind of behavior should be tolerated. Women listen to the show and I'm sure work for the station and work for their sponsors.

Not to mention it's not even funny, in the slightest. When did I become the moral compass of Sabrespace. I'm the that posts dick jokes all day.

C'mon now ink. You're talking about locker room talk for real. Jocks talking about jocks on a jock show. Amateur hour for sure but I think this should be perfectly acceptable. Think of what they're saying in the actual locker room. Good grief we need to lighten up.

TRUMP

On the locker room talk thing, no, we don't need to lighten up. When Trump said that was just locker room talk, he was right. That is the exact kind of bull that men think is okay to say about women behind closed doors. All the people coming out and saying "That's NOT locker room talk, and it gives a bad name to decent men everywhere!" are missing the point. That IS how many men talk, and that's the problem.

One of my hockey teams is full of guys that my older brother played with as kids. Their locker room talk makes Trump look like a controlled, esteemed gentleman. Being casually sexist isn't okay. The fact that it's "just a joke" is . It's creating an in-group and out-group. If you don't think it's funny, you're in the out-group and the "joke" wasn't for you anyways.

On the locker room talk thing, no, we don't need to lighten up. When Trump said that was just locker room talk, he was right. That is the exact kind of bull ###### that men think is okay to say about women behind closed doors. All the people coming out and saying "That's NOT locker room talk, and it gives a bad name to decent men everywhere!" are missing the point. That IS how many men talk, and that's the problem.

One of my hockey teams is full of guys that my older brother played with as kids. Their locker room talk makes Trump look like a controlled, esteemed gentleman. Being casually sexist isn't okay. The fact that it's "just a joke" is ######. It's creating an in-group and out-group. If you don't think it's funny, you're in the out-group and the "joke" wasn't for you anyways.

I've been in locker rooms my whole life. I've never heard talk like that, at least not since I would call myself a grownup.

I was actually listening when Rivet said that about the Sedins. I thought it was douchey and inappropriate. Maybe he's just still pissed at home many times they skated right around him and scored.

I've been in locker rooms my whole life. I've never heard talk like that, at least not since I would call myself a grownup.

I was actually listening when Rivet said that about the Sedins. I thought it was douchey and inappropriate. Maybe he's just still pissed at home many times they skated right around him and scored.

inkman, more moral compass needed

On the locker room talk thing, no, we don't need to lighten up. When Trump said that was just locker room talk, he was right. That is the exact kind of bull ###### that men think is okay to say about women behind closed doors. All the people coming out and saying "That's NOT locker room talk, and it gives a bad name to decent men everywhere!" are missing the point. That IS how many men talk, and that's the problem.

One of my hockey teams is full of guys that my older brother played with as kids. Their locker room talk makes Trump look like a controlled, esteemed gentleman. Being casually sexist isn't okay. The fact that it's "just a joke" is ######. It's creating an in-group and out-group. If you don't think it's funny, you're in the out-group and the "joke" wasn't for you anyways.

Right. 

Locker room talk. 

On a luxury bus. 

With the host of a hugely popular TV show. 

On the way to tape a segment with a hugely popular soap star. 

Only thing missing was the locker room. 

I've spend considerable time in locker rooms in my life. Nothing ever came remotely close to Trump's rhetoric. Indeed, when things went too astray at times, the gentlemen in the locker room would seek to restore order. You know, gentlemen. Men with filters. Something the Trumps of the world don't possess.