Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

Or the Jets are about to get a huge return when they trade him

I would guess sign and trade.

1 - This deal provides the trading team more certainty as they get a Trouba at a very reasonable cost for next year too, and

2 - Trouba wasn't going to be able to play this year if not signed by December 1, so this deal ensures his trade value isn't nullified by being unable to play.

I don't believe Trouba wants to or will play in Winnipeg. Good signing by TC.

That puts the Sabres in the picture.

Franson and our first, and Guhle

Expose Bogosian to LV.

MCabe, Risto, Kuli and Trouba moving forward.

I wish we had concrete knowledge as to whether or not Bogosian had to be protected or not. 

I'd do that in a heartbeat, which makes me think you'd have to swap McCabe in for Guhle to entice Winnipeg.

I wound't trade our first and McCabe for Trouba. Robbing peter to pay paul, I don't think Trouba is THAT good of a dman and wound't want to give up the guy who will probably be our second pairing LHD, who is looking very good lately, to get our second pairing RHD, at the expense of a first round pick. 

I wish we had concrete knowledge as to whether or not Bogosian had to be protected or not. 

I wound't trade our first and McCabe for Trouba. Robbing peter to pay paul, I don't think Trouba is THAT good of a dman and wound't want to give up the guy who will probably be our second pairing LHD, who is looking very good lately, to get our second pairing RHD, at the expense of a first round pick.

This. Trouba is not a 1 or 2. Not worth the premium in my book.

I wouldn't do it either, but I don't see how it gets done without McCabe. We're just not good trading partners.

I wouldn't do it either, but I don't see how it gets done without McCabe. We're just not good trading partners.

Probably true, True.

I wonder if we will ever find out the specifics of if Bogo has to be protected. I bet Murray would protect him either way though, unfortunately.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.