Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

Ekblad scored the game winner in OT tonight. That gives him more goals in that OT than the entire Sabres defense combined for the entire season.

I can't help but think what things would be like if we have Ekblad and McDavid instead of Reinhart and Eichel.    Not something I dwell on, but considering there are infinite parallel universes, in at least one of those universes the Sabres have Ekblad and McDavid... I want to know how that team is doing.

Zach Werenski, 5g, 8a in 14 games. He has more than Matthews and yet getting almost no love. Kids going to be a star.

..and here's a stat you'll love.... he gets top pairing minutes and as a 19 year old, is somehow a +3.   I thought that wasn't possible.    :P

..and here's a stat you'll love.... he gets top pairing minutes and as a 19 year old, is somehow a +3.   I thought that wasn't possible.    :P

Pays to develop in a sheltered role on a top ten goal scoring team that's 8-4-2 instead of a tank team, doesn't it?

CBJ is +14 in goal diff, Buffalo is -11. That helps a little.

Well of course he is. He is good and plays on a better team than Buffalo. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Zach Werenski is better than Ristolianen when all is said and done. Werenski is good. 

They're a +14 because of Zach Werenski.

And a -11 because of Ristolainen. #snark #tank2thetankening

Well of course he is. He is good and plays on a better team than Buffalo. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Zach Werenski is better than Ristolianen when all is said and done. Werenski is good. 

And a -11 because of Ristolainen. #snark #tank2thetankening

Wonder what would happen if you paired them together on a middling team?   Consider there are infini... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.