2016/17 Sabres Fantasy Gambling Contest

Hank

Damn. You missed the first week. I didn't catch it, allowed you to bet, and even included you in the standings. I ###### up.

Everyone is back in. No one is out for missing a week. I can't exclude others when I missed juju. I guess I'll just get rid of the weekly requirement sense I ###### up. Unless anyone has a better idea.

I'm at grandsons MMA training so I can't it right now, I'll update the standings in the morning.

It went from Monday thru Sunday. But again, I ###### up and allowed juju to bet even though he missed the first week. I think because of that its fair to let everyone else back in and waive the weekly betting requirement.

Just to be clear:  Are we scrapping the weekly betting requirement going forward as well?  Because that will greatly change my strategy for Saturday (and IMO make for a more fun contest).

Damn. You missed the first week. I didn't catch it, allowed you to bet, and even included you in the standings. I ###### up.

Everyone is back in. No one is out for missing a week. I can't exclude others when I missed juju. I guess I'll just get rid of the weekly requirement sense I ###### up. Unless anyone has a better idea.

I'm at grandsons MMA training so I can't it right now, I'll update the standings in the morning.

It went from Monday thru Sunday. But again, I ###### up and allowed juju to bet even though he missed the first week. I think because of that its fair to let everyone else back in and waive the weekly betting requirement.

Hank, I know its your contest and you can manage it how you like, but I am all for not requiring a weekly bet. It's far more fun to have more people involved and eliminating folks may make it so that there are only 2 or 3 guys left by the end of the year.

When we did this last, there were only a handful of posters that even made it through the whole year, since the house usually busts most players. I have no problem eliminating players for blatant inactivity (no bets for a month), but that will be rare.  That should also make it easier to track for you since all you have to do is add up the winnings/losses after each game and just quote the leaderboard from last time.

Just to be clear:  Are we scrapping the weekly betting requirement going forward as well?  Because that will greatly change my strategy for Saturday (and IMO make for a more fun contest).

Yes, my plan is to scrap the requirement altogether since I'm the one who dickered up.  Sorry about the confusion.

Wait now Hank says everyone is back in?  Everyone except busted-up lowly old Cereal.  :censored:

Sorry, you still busted.

Okay.  Weekly bet requirement is gone, everyone is back in minus Murrays Rats and Derrico who have not placed a single bet.

Again, sorry about the confusion.

Updated standings:

Standings:  17NOV16

Thru post #510

JujuFish $2,540

Pi2000 $2,300

Rakish $2,195

Touched by Boyes $2,065

Pastajoe $2,010

MattPie $1,995

Taro T $1,820

Wildcard $1,790

Eleven $1,750

SwampD $1,675

TrueBlueGED $1,635

Wyldnwoody44 $1,370

Drunkard $1,315

Qwksndmonster $1.235

Claude Verret $1,045

Ubkev $1,000

N’eo $945

Hank $520

Wjag $475

3putt $370

Sabills $245

Busted

Cereal

If you feel I made a mistake please let me know…

Still no line on tonights game with Tampa

Okay.  Weekly bet requirement is gone, everyone is back in minus Murrays Rats and Derrico who have not placed a single bet.

Again, sorry about the confusion.

MattPie $1,995

Still no line on tonights game with Tampa

No worries Hank, I'm just happy to be in after actually making a good bet. I know keeping all this straight is a chore.

So happy, in fact, I'll put 2 on the Sabres tonight. Throwing bad money after good.

I like you. But where does it end? Do I let pi back in because his bet was only eight minutes late even though he was a complete douche with his  insistence that it didn't count? What about the other people that forgot to bet? Juju was leading everyone and he's out.  If I let you back in, I have to let everyone back in, and then there is no betting requirement.  That's not how I wanted to set this up.  I'm sorry.

This was done three years ago, and was'nt done since because noone wanted to do it.  I appreciate the offer but the rules were set before we started. That was the time to offer ideas on a better way to do it.  Had you offered back then I would have gladly accepted.  We're already into it, the rules are the same for everybody, I can't start bending them mid-game, it's not right. I'm sorry.

I took a 1 unit self-imposed penalty (half of what I wagered on that game) for placing my bet late, how is that being a douche?  

In the real world, bets are not allowed after the game starts, let's be clear on the rules here...  any bets placed after puck drop are invalid (and lighthearted jokes about such bets are not allowed).

No worries Hank, I'm just happy to be in after actually making a good bet. I know keeping all this straight is a chore.

So happy, in fact, I'll put 2 on the Sabres tonight. Throwing bad money after good.

Lightning -140

Sabres +120

I'm at 1995, two on the Sabres at +120.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.