2016/17 Sabres Fantasy Gambling Contest

Hank

Next year YOU run a fantasy gambling contest and YOU put the time and effort into keeping track of it and then YOU can run it any way YOU want to.  Okay?

If you need help, I'd be willing to keep track of the bets and running totals.  I'd probably do it in a spreadsheet.  I do it for football pools.  You could be responsible for posting the betting lines.  Perhaps give everyone who's already missed betting for a week a Mulligan.  If they want back in, they need to pay a 100 fine.  Then going forward, if someone misses a week, they pay 100 for every game that was played that week.  3 games = paying 300.  You're out when you drop below 100, the minimum you need to cover a bet.

I like you. But where does it end? Do I let pi back in because his bet was only eight minutes late even though he was a complete douche with his  insistence that it didn't count? What about the other people that forgot to bet? Juju was leading everyone and he's out.  If I let you back in, I have to let everyone back in, and then there is no betting requirement.  That's not how I wanted to set this up.  I'm sorry.

If you need help, I'd be willing to keep track of the bets and running totals.  I'd probably do it in a spreadsheet.  I do it for football pools.  You could be responsible for posting the betting lines.  Perhaps give everyone who's already missed betting for a week a Mulligan.  If they want back in, they need to pay a 100 fine.  Then going forward, if someone misses a week, they pay 100 for every game that was played that week.  3 games = paying 300.  You're out when you drop below 100, the minimum you need to cover a bet.

This was done three years ago, and was'nt done since because noone wanted to do it.  I appreciate the offer but the rules were set before we started. That was the time to offer ideas on a better way to do it.  Had you offered back then I would have gladly accepted.  We're already into it, the rules are the same for everybody, I can't start bending them mid-game, it's not right. I'm sorry.

I like you. But where does it end? Do I let pi back in because his bet was only eight minutes late even though he was a complete douche with his  insistence that it didn't count? What about the other people that forgot to bet? Juju was leading everyone and he's out.  If I let you back in, I have to let everyone back in, and then there is no betting requirement.  That's not how I wanted to set this up.  I'm sorry.

Was this directed at me? I was actually fine with your ruling, just making a joke about the presidential election.

Hank, you've got me at 1100. I believe I'm just at 1000. I do appreciate the banking error in my favor though.

Sorry? Appreciate the honesty.

Fixed:

Standings:  16NOV16

Thru post #468

Rakish $2,195

Touched by Boyes $2,065

Pastajoe $2,010

Taro T $1,820

Eleven $1,750

TrueBlueGED $1,635

Wyldnwoody44 $1,370

Drunkard $1,315

Qwksndmonster $1.235

Claude Verret $1,045

Ubkev $1,000

N’eo $945

Hank $520

Wjag $475

Sabills $245

Busted

Cereal

Out because they did not meet the weekly bet requirement

Pi2000

Murray’s Rats

Derrico

SwampD

MattPie

Wildcard

3putt

JujuFish

If you feel I made a mistake please let me know…

It's definitely hard to remember betting each week, but the rules were posted, and this is all in fun anyways. Next season we can regroup with new ideas, but this was a good time a few years ago, and it still is, I'm not familiar with how many of the participants were active in that one (I've been on this forum, a lot longer than I thought)

Edited by Wyldnwoody44

If you're right, I'll apologize and fix it. What's the post #?

Depends on what week you have me down as skipped.  I bet yesterday the 15th and lost (post 452).  Before that, I bet on the 7th and also lost post 369.  Before that, I bet on the 5th, 3rd, 1st, 29th, and 27th.  I believe I'm sitting at $2,540.

Edit: formatting

Edited by JujuFish

Damn. You missed the first week. I didn't catch it, allowed you to bet, and even included you in the standings. I up.

Everyone is back in. No one is out for missing a week. I can't exclude others when I missed juju. I guess I'll just get rid of the weekly requirement sense I up. Unless anyone has a better idea.

I'm at grandsons MMA training so I can't it right now, I'll update the standings in the morning.

Just as a point of reference, what day does the week start? Friday? Saturday? Sunday? Monday?

It went from Monday thru Sunday. But again, I up and allowed juju to bet even though he missed the first week. I think because of that its fair to let everyone else back in and waive the weekly betting requirement.

Keeping track of how many times someone bet in a month is tough. Perhaps make the rule that you have to bet at least once every three games. Start with Tampa, Pitt, Calgary. Put an 'x' next to the player's name when you list everyone showing they bet. Anyone who doesn't bet once in those three games automatically loses 300 points. Then it resets for the next three games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.