OT Beauts Player Making History

Brawndo

You know, we just didn't learn a lot about this stuff back in my day.  I feel very ignorant and uncomfortable discussing trans issues.

ha! I was just going to post this. Maybe not the uncomfortable part so much. The ignorance, yes. I am still getting over two dudes having a baby together and that baby with three biological parents.

I don't get it.   So she identifies as a man probably because of some man parts...  You would think they would need to have XX chromosomes to qualify to play in a women's only sport regardless of body parts... right?  My guess is he's an XX male.

I don't get it.   So she identifies as a man probably because of some man parts...  You would think they would need to have XX chromosomes to qualify to play in a women's only sport regardless of body parts... right?  My guess is he's an XX male.

He was born female entirely, at least as far as we know from this article, However, he identifies as a man, and will, after his career is over in the NWHL, be transitioning to a man medically. Currently, he is entirely medically, physically, and biologically a woman (again, as far as we know, obviously thats not something they would go into in this article) but is mentally and psychologically a man.

I understand that this is really tough for people to get their heads around. Its taken me a while to get it as much as I do. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert this stuff, I'm just a guy on the internet. Don't overthink it; identify people as they want to be identified, not as they are physically. 

I don't get it. So she identifies as a man probably because of some man parts... You would think they would need to have XX chromosomes to qualify to play in a women's only sport regardless of body parts... right? My guess is he's an XX male.

It's all about equality, it shouldn't matter.

He was born female entirely, at least as far as we know from this article, However, he identifies as a man, and will, after his career is over in the NWHL, be transitioning to a man medically. Currently, he is entirely medically, physically, and biologically a woman (again, as far as we know, obviously thats not something they would go into in this article) but is mentally and psychologically a man.

I understand that this is really tough for people to get their heads around. Its taken me a while to get it as much as I do. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert this stuff, I'm just a guy on the internet. Don't overthink it; identify people as they want to be identified, not as they are physically.

It's easier once you know people who are going through it. Jo taught a student who transitioned and we are friends with a man who is transitioning from being Samantha. It's just completely not weird at all once you've encountered it enough.

Does anyone really care about this crap anymore?  Be whoever you want to be, just stop thinking it makes you someone everyone needs to know about

Read the comment section here and try telling me this isn't important and nobody cares: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nwhls-harrison-browne-is-first-transgender-athlete-in-pro-team-sports-163803199.html

You're a idiot if you think it's not important and we don't have huge strides left.

It's all about equality, it shouldn't matter.

Well, for Olympic competition they check testosterone levels.     There has to be some scientific method to distinguish men from women other than whatever that person chooses to identify as.  

Equality you say?   How fair is it for the other women in sport if they have to compete against a man just because he chooses to identify as a woman?   

Edited by pi2000

Well, for Olympic competition they check testosterone levels.     There has to be some scientific method to distinguish men from women other than whatever that person chooses to identify as.  

Equality you say?   How fair is it for the other women in sport if they have to compete against a man just because he chooses to identify as a woman?   

He doesn't have "some man parts" (whatever the hell that means). He's got female sexual organs. It's not like you can have like four male fingers, seven female toes and the torso of a tyrannosaurus.

You've got it backwards. Read the article before you comment.

He doesn't have "some man parts" (whatever the hell that means). He's got female sexual organs. It's not like you can have like four male fingers, seven female toes and the torso of a tyrannosaurus.

funny-T-Rex-small-arms.jpg

I did. He was always a man, who is probably XX or XXY (intersex), so he identified as a woman all these years, but now he's identifying as a man... which he is.

Let me ask you this... without considering body parts, how would you differentiate between male and female.

Edited by pi2000

I did. He was always a man, who is probably XX or XXY (intersex), so he identified as a woman all these years, but now he's identifying as a man... which he is.

Let me ask you this... without considering body parts, how would you differentiate between male and female.

The difference between a six pack and a 12 pack

From my reading of the article, the player was born, and appeared to be, a girl.  NO man parts.  Get it?  But the brain inside that girl's body feels like it should be a dude.  I'm pretty sure that's it.  He wasn't a man who chose to be a woman for a while to have an advantage playing against women; he was born a woman who decided she is a man.

You to be sure it's the other way around; I'm not sure how you got there.

Does anyone really care about this crap anymore?  Be whoever you want to be, just stop thinking it makes you someone everyone needs to know about

There are an untold number of young people, or just people in general, who stand to benefit from a story like this. Just imagine what it would be like to grow up with exactly zero positive role models you can identify with.

You're free to think what you want, but don't make the mistake of thinking you get to decide for everyone else.

Read the comment section here and try telling me this isn't important and nobody cares: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nwhls-harrison-browne-is-first-transgender-athlete-in-pro-team-sports-163803199.html

You're a ###### idiot if you think it's not important and we don't have huge strides left.

The problem is people thinking someday 100% of the world will all hold hands and sing Kumbaya together.  I got news for you...war, fighting, killing, slavery and not liking other groups of people go back to our earliest ancestors when Neandrathals and H0mo-Sapiens used to fight amongst each other because they were different groups of people.  

I'm not here to tell you its right, I'm simply telling you that's just the way it is and always has been back to our earliest times on earth.  Thinking that is going to change is just being exceptionally naive.

Unfortunately its ingrained in our collective beings.  No amount of "sensitivity training" or "teaching" or anything else is going to change that in many people. If you think we are bad you should go see what happens in places like India or China to people who look different from them.  Every person on earth has inherent biases and prejudices based on how they were raised.  Some are worse than others.  Some go to the extreme.  But everyone has them. Including you.

People talk about the common human condition?  Well, that is war and destruction of other races and peoples.  Go back and read thousands of years of history and you'll see that very clearly.

Edited by matter2003

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.