Explain Your Avatar!

WildCard

Our dynamic duo walking down the hall after a entertaining game against the (Coyotes?) in which after the game ended Bogosian went all Mike Tyson on everyone who dared to challenge him. This appeared to be a huge moment in the growth of the Sabres and specifically Eichel and Reinhart.

And here, because ... I remember Sarajevo!!

I remember the winter Olympics of 1984 ...

I remember before the war ...

I remember when they voted for Independence ...

I remember when *they* kidnapped the President ...

I remember the siege ...

I remember when the world abandoned the city and it's poor citizens ... President Clinton (both) have blood on their hands, as do everybody else ...

I remember when the world finally said ... enough!! ...

I remember the whole thing was on CNN ...

I remember all the families that lost everything and everyone ...

I remember praying in most of the mosques, churches and synagogues there ...

I remember drinking Bosnian coffee there as if it were yesterday ...

I remember because my memories will not let me forget ...

-----

Thanks for all the good wishes.  I promise I will read all the PM's and posts, at some point.

NS ... back out.

I grew up in NT about half a mile from the Tonawanda Recreation Center in NT (later renamed Tonawanda Ice Time).  The Norsemen were the NAHL entry into the new league.  It was hockey crazy in WNY (think the "Thank you Sabres year and Slapshot).  They had some notable players such as Guy Trottier, Steve Atkinson, Les Binkley, and Claude Noel.  Lots of great memories and my avatar is a puck I got from one of their games.  Too bad they only lasted one season.

Edited by Tondas

no matter how many times I make the drive, the section between the PA border and Buffalo is always so deceptively long and dull.

Try it after the 24-hour drive from Fort Worth some time.  Ugh.

I've seen a commenter on WGR Facebook posts with that profile picture, and I was always like "what the hell is that from?" Now that I know it's just you, so I can stop wracking my brain trying to figure that out.

Yeah, I'm Paul.

That movie started and ended with UPGRAYEDD for me, but to each their own.

Looking at how society has "evolved" over the past twenty years, I have come to the conclusion that Idiocracy is actually a documentary and not a movie. The opening ten minutes describe modern society's reproductive patterns perfectly.

When I lived in Pennsylvania and Virginia, I always liked seeing this sign along the thruway on my drive home.  Although, I found the photo on the world wide webz.

Side note: no matter how many times I make the drive, the section between the PA border and Buffalo is always so deceptively long and dull.

Truth.

Mine is just a pic of a nerdy t-shirt I'd gotten from one of the scientific supply companies we use at work.  But if I did paint, this would be about the level of artistic ability that I possess.

Looking at how society has "evolved" over the past twenty years, I have come to the conclusion that Idiocracy is actually a documentary and not a movie. The opening ten minutes describe modern society's reproductive patterns perfectly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Marching_Morons

Even Mike Judge was influenced...

I'll lose the open expression of love for these guys when the nhl returns to QC. I've been completely converted to wny hockey clubs. I'm a Sabres/Amerks fan at heart now. I'll only have a small crush on QC if they take the Nordiques name.

I'll lose the open expression of love for these guys when the nhl returns to QC. I've been completely converted to wny hockey clubs. I'm a Sabres/Amerks fan at heart now. I'll only have a small crush on QC if they take the Nordiques name.

This is a true convert.

I was there. I was so psyched. No one else was. The response to Nolan and LaFontaine being welcome back on the video board was underwhelming. Guess you can't go home again after all...

Two ships in the night....

The crowed was very electric once the puck dropped I thought. The players showed love for the new coach on the ice and the crowed picked up on it immediately.

Anything done by the Sabres PR department leaves the fans underwhelmed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.