OT: 2016 Summer Olympics

Neo

Wondering where's the key to Lochtegate.

Man, I dunno. Why would you make that sh!t up. And yet, upon more reading, it appears it may all be BS... Pretty dramatic, yanking them off airplanes and such. 

This is all as unclear as Lochte Ness.

I'm such a mess. The Portugese version of that almost-car-crash-as-a-kid-cut-to-Rio-gold-medal advertisement that ran before the clip made me all misty.

Disgraceful 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-37115778

Fernando Veloso told reporters that one or more of the men had committed an act of vandalism at a petrol station and then offered to pay for the damage.

The Americans paid and left after armed security guards intervened, he said.

One guard had drawn his gun after one of the swimmers began behaving erratically, Mr Veloso added.

I'd like to thank NBC for having a reporter at a Brazil gas station to describe, play-by-play, exactly what happened the night Lochte and his buds got into trouble. Because without that, I never would have been able to visualize it............ and it made the situation feel that much more dramatic. 

Just watched a woman's race that had a transgender former guy from South Africa. SHe looked like a linebacker. Blew by the women at the end. Don't care about being transgender, but it doesn't seem fair to the other racers having such a physical advantage.

I could really go for a couple of more weeks of this. The Olympics are too short. With so many events, and so many sports, I'd like to see what else they have to offer. Between what little I caught on Roku, and what NBC forces us to watch, a couple more weeks would give up viewers the chance to see more. After all the money that was spent to get ready for the Olympics, I'm sure cities wouldn't mind the extra revenue. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Was it the rain? Because he ran that time last night when he let up. 

He looked disappointed in himself as he finished.

During the interview after the race he said his body just wouldn't respond when he tried to push it after the turn. I'm still in awe that that performance was disappointing. 

Would it be naive to think that Bolt is/has always been clean?

Probably, but I'm choosing to believe that every once in awhile, we do get a genetic freak with a crazy work ethic who can redefine what is possible.

During the interview after the race he said his body just wouldn't respond when he tried to push it after the turn. I'm still in awe that that performance was disappointing. 

Probably, but I'm choosing to believe that every once in awhile, we do get a genetic freak with a crazy work ethic who can redefine what is possible.

At the very least, if he isn't, I highly doubt any of the rest are

Just watched a woman's race that had a transgender former guy from South Africa. SHe looked like a linebacker. Blew by the women at the end. Don't care about being transgender, but it doesn't seem fair to the other racers having such a physical advantage.

It's actually an interesting topic and the rules have been altered in both directions that have really messed around how she can compete. 

http://deadspin.com/the-debate-about-caster-semenya-isnt-about-fairness-1785355953

There's some serious debate going on.  This article discusses some of the testosterone measurements, etc.  I was listening to something on NPR that discussed real scientific studies on how they can effectively (and non-intrusively) determine these things so that athletes could be put into a proper competition bracket.  The situations are rare but there's little doubt that because of her genetics and development she has advantages.  

I can't imagine her life dealing with all of this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.