The New SabreSpace

PASabreFan

This summer, change has come to the SabreSpace of America.

A new logo. A new default avatar — Timmy can finally rest in peace. More threads being started. Megathreads fading into our exalted past. New posters are now welcomed, not harangued.

I would almost call it morning in SabreSpace as we move closer to that elusive goal of a shining message board on a hill.

Almost, because there's one more thing. Can we stop pinning threads?

A new logo. A new default avatar — Timmy can finally rest in peace. More threads being started. Megathreads fading into our exalted past. New posters are now welcomed, not harangued.

I would almost call it morning in SabreSpace as we move closer to that elusive goal of a shining message board on a hill.

They were never harangued.

Threads are still going to be pinned.

They were never harangued.

Threads are still going to be pinned.

Some were harangued.

My pinning argument is that threads are naturally pinned when people show the most interest in them. They'll always appear at the top anyway. I dislike having to look in two different places for the newest post.

Whatever. I'll just ask SDS. He always gives me what I want.

Please keep pinning threads. For the live of god don't stop doing that. It would be so annoying especially on game days.

Do you think you'd have to go hunting for the gameday thread?

I think that threads like Around the NHL and gameday threads I would have to search for especially prior to game time. Pinned threads let me quickly see if something major has happened. I love having pinned threads and will challenge you to a duel SIR! A DUEL I SAY! if we want to get rid of them

giphy.gif

I think the forum is picking up since the end of the tank. More new posters, more stuff to actually talk about. It's nice. Like the old days.

It has been 3 years of very dark and sad days for Sabres fans. Nice to see us reach the other side.

Some were harangued.

My pinning argument is that threads are naturally pinned when people show the most interest in them. They'll always appear at the top anyway. I dislike having to look in two different places for the newest post.

What are you browsing on, a Brother P-Touch? How can you not see all the new posts?

It has been much less contentious. The team's direction may be a big reason.

Foligno thread is a perfect example. No one really gave a rat's ass, but it got pinned like it's important. Now I have to see that at the top of the list, and I think it's the most recently commented on thread.

It's so useful to pin stuff like that. Especially for those who don't read the board constantly.

Some were harangued.

There is a neat little feature that I have always used.

Whenever I am logged in I click on the view new content button often and it shows me all the new posts in all the threads since I was last logged in and clicked that button.  It's great.

Then I click on whatever thread I am interested in and then their is a button to go the the first unread post, or I could mark them all as read.  It's also great.

There is a neat little feature that I have always used.

Whenever I am logged in I click on the view new content button often and it shows me all the new posts in all the threads since I was last logged in and clicked that button.  It's great.

Then I click on whatever thread I am interested in and then their is a button to go the the first unread post, or I could mark them all as read.  It's also great.

Thanks.

I can accept that there is a place for pinned threads. Pinned threads should be threads that are promoted by the site and offered a prime spot as a customer service. The SabreSpace Game Meetup thread should be up there, but isn't.

Just as Eleven didn't understand why the photography thread was pinned, I don't understand why the Foligno news was pinned. Let crowd sourcing work its magic.

Now, about that Off Topic label...

Thanks.

I can accept that there is a place for pinned threads. Pinned threads should be threads that are promoted by the site and offered a prime spot as a customer service. The SabreSpace Game Meetup thread should be up there, but isn't.

Just as Eleven didn't understand why the photography thread was pinned, I don't understand why the Foligno news was pinned. Let crowd sourcing work its magic.

Now, about that Off Topic label...

All hail free markets, am I right? :p ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.