The New SabreSpace

PASabreFan

Thanks.

I can accept that there is a place for pinned threads. Pinned threads should be threads that are promoted by the site and offered a prime spot as a customer service. The SabreSpace Game Meetup thread should be up there, but isn't.

Just as Eleven didn't understand why the photography thread was pinned, I don't understand why the Foligno news was pinned. Let crowd sourcing work its magic.

Now, about that Off Topic label...

Wait a second. I thought this thread was about a NEW SabreSpace.

Yes. And in my dreams, it is a space without pinned threads, off-topic labels and the especially dread post-merging.

Yes, yes.

The irony of how an long-time staple of auld SabreSpace -- griping about how the place is admin'd -- reared its head on page 1 of a thread about a new day in SabreSpace was too good to let slide without recognition.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Yes, yes.

The irony of how an long-time staple of auld SabreSpace -- griping about how the place is admin'd -- reared its head on page 1 of a thread about a new day in SabreSpace was too good to let slide without recognition.

We'll be fighting in the streets with our children at our feet

And the morals that they worship will be gone

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong

They decide and the shotgun sings the song..

We'll be fighting in the streets with our children at our feet

And the morals that they worship will be gone

And the men who spurred us on sit in judgment of all wrong

They decide and the shotgun sings the song..

Ah the Who... says it all sigh...

Thanks.

I can accept that there is a place for pinned threads. Pinned threads should be threads that are promoted by the site and offered a prime spot as a customer service. The SabreSpace Game Meetup thread should be up there, but isn't.

Just as Eleven didn't understand why the photography thread was pinned, I don't understand why the Foligno news was pinned. Let crowd sourcing work its magic.

Now, about that Off Topic label...

I still don't, but I really was (and remain) just curious about it.

Oh, someone's secretariat made extra strong coffee this morning.

True story:  Old-fashioned types still call an admin pool a "secretariat."

I'm still waiting for anyone besides PA to register any dissatisfaction with the concept of pinned threads.

I'll continue to speculate that/whether he's the only one.

I agree with him that if it's being talked about, it moves to the top anyway so I don't see the point in pinning either.

For the everyday user, yes, pinned threads are somewhat silly, but for the once a week (or less) dipper inner, I think they are valuable.

I hadn't logged on for a couple of days this week and was in somewhat of a media blackout. When I finally logged in, I saw that Foligno had signed right away. Had it not been pinned I wouldn't have noticed that for a while. Just because people weren't discussing it doesn't mean that it wasn't important information that I wanted to know.

/2¢

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.