Captain my Captain: Gionta or ROR

LGR4GM

Should Gionta relinquish his captaincy to Ryan O'Reilly and become an assistant captain this season? 

I say yes. Not because I dislike Gionta but because it provides ROR an entire year to learn from Gionta if needed while also being the guy. 

I'd bet anything that ROR wouldn't take it.

Gionta is the "C" based on, longevity and success in the league, being a good captain, and being in his home market.

ROR will be the "C" after Gio retires.  

The answer, in my mind, is very simple. You absolutely let Gionta retain the captaincy for the last year of his contract. It would be an insult to pass it on right now.

Next year, when Gionta retires, you obviously assign the "C" to the obvious candidate, Jimmy Vesey, which you promised him in your sales pitch meeting to woo him here.

The answer, in my mind, is very simple. You absolutely let Gionta retain the captaincy for the last year of his contract. It would be an insult to pass it on right now.

Next year, when Gionta retires, you obviously assign the "C" to the obvious candidate, Jimmy Vesey, which you promised him in your sales pitch meeting to woo him here.

ecmClEu.gif

This post is full of win, just like Jimmy "top 6 guaranteed" Vesey.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.