Sabres Moving Preseason Game to Penn State

Brawndo

And seriously, what purpose is this game at Penn State serving? Do they really think they're going to get any kind of fan support from there? And Russ Brandon, he of Bills training camp in Rochester and general regionalization fame, thinks it's a good idea to dump on Rochester fans? This is totally nonsensical.

PA, wither thou? I need a voice to scream meddling for me!

It's "whither," he's upthread, I agree with him, and the apocalypse is nigh.

Edited by Eleven

For Pete's sake, it's a preseason game. Are the Hockeyville arenas ever up to standard? Where did this standard even come from?

If you don't want to play preseason games in weird places then just play at the normal arena. How hard is that?

Sounds like a power play by Pegula against the City if Rochester to get a cheaper rate on their lease at Blue Cross or force the City into performing upgrades.

Bring it home, Terry! Bring it home! How could you schmucks not have seen that this was the plan all along!? Build phase one of the arena in his beloved Happy Valley. Buy the Sabres and drive them into the ditch. Oh, yes, you have your Yeichel. But when he busts, as Kim will ensure, it will be the final nail in your city's sports coffin. Finally completely and utterly demoralized, Buffalo will beg for the sweet release of death and will pay State College to take the moribund, woebegone franchise off its hands. And I've been working hand in hand with TPegs from the start. We're playing a long game, me and Ter, and we're playing you like Eleven played the fiddle in several orchestras. GoDD? He didn't get banned. He's happily posting on a message board with JFK and Maryilyn Monroe and Kurt Cobain. The Illuminati. The Clip Smith Autopsy. The Brexit and the looming Frexit. It's over, people. It's over.

For Pete's sake, it's a preseason game. Are the Hockeyville arenas ever up to standard? Where did this standard even come from?

If you don't want to play preseason games in weird places then just play at the normal arena. How hard is that?

Sounds like a power play by Pegula against the City if Rochester to get a cheaper rate on their lease at Blue Cross or force the City into performing upgrades.

Hear, hear.

Very much a power play, a twisting of an arm.

Russ Brandon is such a .

And this is such a kick in the nuts to the Roch faithful. I really don't like it.

Also, good stuff, PA.

It is clearly a sneaky-brilliant marketing ploy to penetrate the lucrative Central PA market.  Unfortunately 9/26 is a Monday, so they won't get the 90-minute drive out of me.

How long before Russ farms out 5 home games a year to CRAPPY VALLEY?

Edited by blugold43

It is a kick in the nutz......

a small bone that would have been gobbled up by Sabres/Amerks fans.....

But to be honest, I'd rather sit in the RIT Polisseni center , than the BCA......... it's kind of a dump.

RIT would have been a fun choice for a preseason game. No doubt that place would be rockin. I bet the players would love it.

Yeah this is ######. ###### anyone that had anything to do with this decision. We've been your red headed step child long enough buffalo, even though our city matches or eclipses yours in every fashion.

How about access to the Thruway?

Are Buffalo and Rochester really two separate cities?

They are as far as the census are concerned!

It is a kick in the nutz......

a small bone that would have been gobbled up by Sabres/Amerks fans.....

But to be honest, I'd rather sit in the RIT Polisseni center , than the BCA......... it's kind of a dump.

Maybe I just have too many fond memories of the joint but I have zero problems with the arena. No bad seats, concessions easily acessed.

Pollesini is just fine but it's still a college barn.

Edited by inkman

Buffalo News today reported that there already is $10M in state funds allocated to improving BCA, and the Amerks, as the major tenant, want a say in how that money is spent.  Not sure how this connects to moving the game to Happy Valley.

Edited by Eleven

How old is that Arena? Thought I saw it was like 100 years old.

Built in '55.

Maybe I just have too many fond memories of the joint but I have zero problems with the arena. No bad seats, concessions easily acessed.

Pollesini is just fine but it's still a college barn.

This move was obviously just a BS pressure play, but the reality is that there are problems with the arena. In my opinion, if the plan is to make the arena more useful for other attractions, anything short of a new arena is a waste, because many of the problems are with the dimensions (specifically height) of the building. Edited by sodbuster

Not surprising, the arena is trash. Stop funding renovations and just build a new one. Also this seems like a ploy, I doubt the Sabres ever intended to play a game in Rochester. The Sabres are just trying to push for more money in renovations when they should just put in some of there own money in if there so concerned.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot. Why should Terry Pegula buy Rochester a new arena if the city doesn't want to pitch in?

Built in '55.

This move was obviously just a BS pressure play, but the reality is that there are problems with the arena. In my opinion, if the plan is to make the arena more useful for other attractions, anything short of a new arena is a waste, because many of the problems are with the dimensions (specifically height) of the building.

They just need to raise the roof.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.