Sabres Moving Preseason Game to Penn State

Brawndo

Not surprising, the arena is trash. Stop funding renovations and just build a new one. Also this seems like a ploy, I doubt the Sabres ever intended to play a game in Rochester. The Sabres are just trying to push for more money in renovations when they should just put in some of there own money in if there so concerned.

Not surprising, the arena is trash. Stop funding renovations and just build a new one. Also this seems like a ploy, I doubt the Sabres ever intended to play a game in Rochester. The Sabres are just trying to push for more money in renovations when they should just put in some of there own money in if there so concerned.

Or leave, right?

1.  I don't think the initial scheduling was a ploy.  I think the Sabres have played preseason games there before.

2.  I also don't understand why the arena is insufficient for a preseason NHL game.  I've been there twice within the last several years; it's as nice for hockey as Pilot Field is for baseball.

1. I don't think the initial scheduling was a ploy. I think the Sabres have played preseason games there before.

2. I also don't understand why the arena is insufficient for a preseason NHL game. I've been there twice within the last several years; it's as nice for hockey as Pilot Field is for baseball.

Considering they are playing a preseason game here on October 7th, this is absolutely right.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakeview_Arena

Russ says that part of the reason is that they don't think it's up to snuff for how their players get ready for games.

So they trust the arena enough to let their prospects play there while wearing blue and gold, but not enough to let them play there while wearing red white and blue?

Russ says that part of the reason is that they don't think it's up to snuff for how their players get ready for games.

So they trust the arena enough to let their prospects play there while wearing blue and gold, but not enough to let them play there while wearing red white and blue?

Kinda smells like pu

Maybe I'm missing something, but why should a tenant have control over improvements to the arena? (Having said that, I suppose the Sabres have such control over their barn.)

This is not uncommon in certain areas of commercial real estate.

Yeah this is ######. ###### anyone that had anything to do with this decision. We've been your red headed step child long enough buffalo, even though our city matches or eclipses yours in every fashion.

1.  It's .  Agreed.

2.  Your city what?!  Bite it.  

And seriously, what purpose is this game at Penn State serving? Do they really think they're going to get any kind of fan support from there? And Russ Brandon, he of Bills training camp in Rochester and general regionalization fame, thinks it's a good idea to dump on Rochester fans? This is totally nonsensical.

PA, whither thou? I need a voice to scream meddling for me!

Edited by TrueBlueGED

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.