Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

The most interesting hockey player in the world?

Will be really interesting to see how this kid plays. There's a ton of hype over him. Reminds me of the whole Justin Schultz sweepstakes. When Edmonton won the rights to sign him, they thought they hit the jackpot but then it turned out the kid could barely play any defense.

Will be really interesting to see how this kid plays. There's a ton of hype over him. Reminds me of the whole Justin Schultz sweepstakes. When Edmonton won the rights to sign him, they thought they hit the jackpot but then it turned out the kid could barely play any defense.

These 4-year college UFAs don't have a great track record.

Reilly last year with Minny could barely make the team. Hayes was a third-liner.

Vesey is a better prospect than any of them, but as a prospect he's about where Drew Stafford was back when he made the Sabres - that is good, potentially a 30-goal man, but not special.

This thing has really taken on a life of its own, but really it's mostly driven by Internet message boards more than than the player, NHL teams or the media. In other words, it's because we keep talking about it.

Edited by dudacek

I think Jimmy Vesey is better than any of us want to believe he is.

I'll admit I have no idea how good he is other than hearsay.  I have zero first hand knowledge to form an opinion unless I can count Youtube.

I've watched a ton of film on him and he's very good - drew Stafford is a good comparison but he has more of an edge to his game. More of a power forward. He should not have won the hobey Baker last year though. They gave it to him because jack beat him out the year before, a year he was great in, better than his senior year

He's free to go to any team of his choosing. Why would you expend energy hating on him. We've known all along how this process works. Regardless of where he signs it'll be interesting to see if he was worth the panty knots this board has twisted this story into.

What Chicago is doing is really sleazy.  I have a feeling he ends up in Chicago.  If that happens, or if he chooses another team (not the Sabres), fans of the Sabres should feel free to boo him.   

I might boo him even if he DOES end up on the Sabres!

Can't do it - its on bleacher report Instagram and has no link. Picture is from the Buffalosabres and says,"them Boys up to something" and has a conversation going back and forth between jack, Sam and some others. Quite the tease, especially with the #19 in the pic

Can't do it - its on bleacher report Instagram and has no link. Picture is from the Buffalosabres and says,"them Boys up to something" and has a conversation going back and forth between jack, Sam and some others. Quite the tease, especially with the #19 in the pic

Isn't that Cal O'Reilly though?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.