Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

So let's say he signs with us or anyone really...How does this player project? I'm trying to understand potential impact. Let's also keep this in terms everyone here can process and I mean this in regards to comparisons. In terms of top 6, is J.V. in year one similar to J.P. Dumont in 2003 (~50 pts in the recent golden age of scoring), Afinogenov who will always blow you away with raw skills but doesn't show up as you would predict on the score sheet, or Pominville who somehow pots 60 - 70 pts without noticing him?

Due to his mere availability I like many of you am obsessed with acquiring J.V. It would be the modern equivalent to trading Grosek for J.P. and Gilmour. 

I think he'd play on Eichel's line and have something like 25 goals, 25 assists, year one; with Eichel and Reinhart closer to 70 points.  I've watched a ton of Harvard and USA film on him and he's the real thing. If he was 18 and in the draft this year (I know he's not), he would have went top 5

I think he'd play on Eichel's line and have something like 25 goals, 25 assists, year one; with Eichel and Reinhart closer to 70 points.  I've watched a ton of Harvard and USA film on him and he's the real thing. If he was 18 and in the draft this year (I know he's not), he would have went top 5

How do you go about getting film on the guy?

As and aside, I have never seen him play but I am a bit pathological about how much I want him to sign with the Sabres.  That is the fanatic side of being a fan I suppose.

It just moved, but this is an allusion right? Can this kid be THAT good out of the box?

Probably, considering Vesey is older and probably just as talented. 45 point rookie season I would say is possible, that's what Larkin had.

Is there a live track for this flight? Also, anywhere where pilot to tower communications can be monitored? I feel like we could pick something up in the tones of voice.

Having seen your imagination, writing skill, and willingness/ability to pluck feathers, I'd LOVE to see a transcript of what you were able to "overhear"!

Edited by N'eo

ha Quite sure word is beginning to spread on that internet that a hockey board called SabreSpace is tracking a plane. Let me add I'm checking this thread a lot today to see what the plane was used for and if anything important actually happened. So I'm tracking the plane too....

THE PLANE HAS LANDED.

I am having so much fun with this plane thing today, I swear.

Ha me too! Now we need a report of who steps off the plane. 

Anyone following this thread at the airport? As an employee or passenger? Gotta have a source!

Edited by GoPre

Think a softer version of Drew Stafford.

So, Drew Stafford scored 20 goals last year? Not trying to knock you here. Just saying, good lord how does Drew Stafford score 20 goals in Winnipeg. Good for Drew! 

Is Drew Stafford his floor (1 30 goal season in a contract yr)? Is Pominville a ceiling (3 30 goal seasons)? Is the ceiling really higher than that? Any scouts on here? Fancy stats people?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.