Photography Thread

JJFIVEOH

Last weekend d4rk and I camped at Hamlin Beach. We went out to do some fishing around 730-8 am and were met with a completely still, glass surfaced lake, with no discernable horizon. A haze left it peaceful and eerie, only broken by waterbirds. I've never seen a lake that calm before. iPhone camera doesn't do it justice. 

ovZrZrj.jpg

PvY2dhD.jpg

Last weekend d4rk and I camped at Hamlin Beach. We went out to do some fishing around 730-8 am and were met with a completely still, glass surfaced lake, with no discernable horizon. A haze left it peaceful and eerie, only broken by waterbirds. I've never seen a lake that calm before. iPhone camera doesn't do it justice. 

ovZrZrj.jpg

Is that - the lake? Are those rocks beneath the lake's surface?

I'm certainly old enough to remember it, yet I don't.  Maybe I repressed it?

Every week before a Bills game, they would come out with a parody for each team they were playing based on an old rock song. They were real popular. If I remember correctly 97 Rock took over the responsibility a couple years later. At the end of the year they'd sell a tape with all the songs on them. 

I was listening to Spotify earlier and Paul Simon's '50 ways to leave your lover' came on and I caught myself saying '50 ways to beat Seattle'. I paused for a second and asked myself, did I just repeat a Bills song from 28 years ago?  :blink:

Do a Google search for Buffalo Bills Boogie, there's a ton of them on there. Mostly from '91 and '92. 

Those weren't as good as '88's. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

phrasing...

i2yYun3.gif

sabills -- If I may ask, where did you take those waterfront photos?  They look great.

Lasalle park, on the railing right between the dog park and the pump house. We were out there for a BBQ and took a wander over to the water when we were done. It was a gorgeous night.

Edited by sabills

OK, now that the Cup has been awarded and Chicago has made a big trade, I think the offseason hot stove has officially arrived, so I'm going to unpin this thread.

IMHO it's been terrific, though, so everyone should feel free to continue posting photos.

• 5 weeks later...

Spent the weekend hiking. On Saturday we went out to Seven Tubs Nature Area for a nice 2.5 mile scenic hike. The tubs are formed by glacial meltwater that is constantly flowing. They were formed over 12,000 years ago.

One of the tubs

20160716_123934_zpsqtczq0ef.jpg

Water shooting through the valley to form the tubs

20160716_123920_zps8imt5nt8.jpg

The water is a little low right now, so this one is only about 8 feet deep. Still deep enough to jump from where I'm standing!

20160716_123513_zpsbqsaj6jp.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.