Photography Thread

JJFIVEOH

Bump

I'm digging this bugger up and dusting it off. I've been on a project in Kodak park looking at drab industrial so I've been looking at photos from a project I did last summer to remember something nice. These pics are from a perspective that few get to see so I decided to share. I did repairs on the old train trestle at Portageville in Letchworth Park that is being replaced. Steel erection is under way(with our guys)IMG_0558_zpsixmqthvo.jpg.

This is from a restricted area south of the bridge above upper falls. It's a shame it will be gone by 2018.

IMG_0551_zpsfa1cneag.jpg

IMG_0557_zps5lwcrbe3.jpg

IMG_0486_zpsttcug1rv.jpg

Cool project. Could not do what you do.

Shot of what is reputed to be the largest wooden railway trestle in the old British Commonwealth.

Was slated be torn down, but saved through public pressure to make it a heritage site.

post-2708-0-24595000-1485635518_thumb.png

Edited by dudacek

This upper falls from the bridge deck which is about 300' above the Genesee River.IMG_0495_zpstk9iubu5.jpg

This next one is me between 200' and 250'.

IMG_0521_zpsezlpdzyh.jpg

This is also me. I'm directly over the river so I'm at 280'. We pulled a piece of the  bridge deck out and I had to squeeze in and swing my feet like batman to grab a column so I could climb down. 

IMG_0497_zpssooj19fm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A friend and I did some exploring today to offset the boredom of driving on the 90, unpacking, driving back on the 90 again.

Japanese gardens behind the Buffalo historical museum after a good wander around the zoo. Finished up at a cafe on Elmwood, drove back to Rochester following a big ol' rainbow. 

QdbABwx.jpg

HTC3nd3.jpg

Here you go...girls 12U softball practice

A friend and I did some exploring today to offset the boredom of driving on the 90, unpacking, driving back on the 90 again.

Japanese gardens behind the Buffalo historical museum after a good wander around the zoo. Finished up at a cafe on Elmwood, drove back to Rochester following a big ol' rainbow. 

Cool shots!

• 2 weeks later...

Any camera recommendations? It's time to put my current DSLR out to pasture. It lived a good life. I've got a couple of Canon lenses so I'm limited to a Canon camera. I'd really like to go full frame, but until I move somewhere where I can appreciate it more often I'm not gonna blow minimum $1,500. Gonna stay below $1,000. 

It seems like I'm limited to a D70, D77, T6i and T7i. Does anybody have experience with any of these? Am I missing any older, more high powered Canon DSLR's that might be able to be picked up for cheap? I'm making my semi-annual trip to North Carolina for a couple of weeks real soon, and I'd like to not have to take my current, worn out camera. 

I need to start shooting again.  

Any camera recommendations? It's time to put my current DSLR out to pasture. It lived a good life. I've got a couple of Canon lenses so I'm limited to a Canon camera. I'd really like to go full frame, but until I move somewhere where I can appreciate it more often I'm not gonna blow minimum $1,500. Gonna stay below $1,000. 

It seems like I'm limited to a D70, D77, T6i and T7i. Does anybody have experience with any of these? Am I missing any older, more high powered Canon DSLR's that might be able to be picked up for cheap? I'm making my semi-annual trip to North Carolina for a couple of weeks real soon, and I'd like to not have to take my current, worn out camera. 

If you have the cash purchase a Mark II 1DX, or the 5DS R 5fps and decent ISO Range, or the 5D Mark IV, 7 FPS. but teh Mark II 1DX can shoot up to 51000 ISO without a flash and 14 FPS if you have $6000 laying around. Canon

I need to start shooting again.  

If you have the cash purchase a Mark II 1DX, or the 5DS R 5fps and decent ISO Range, or the 5D Mark IV, 7 FPS. but teh Mark II 1DX can shoot up to 51000 ISO without a flash and 14 FPS if you have $6000 laying around. Canon

What's stopping ya?

I hear ya on those two choices. I've got no problem spending some coin on a full frame camera but it just wouldn't get the usage to make it worthwhile down here. As pretty as Florida is, subjects are limited. The Everglades? The beach? That's about it. Once I get out of here it would be a more logical purchase. 

What's stopping ya?

I hear ya on those two choices. I've got no problem spending some coin on a full frame camera but it just wouldn't get the usage to make it worthwhile down here. As pretty as Florida is, subjects are limited. The Everglades? The beach? That's about it. Once I get out of here it would be a more logical purchase. 

I have a Mark II 1Ds, the original full frame, But mostly time stops me.  I still shoot, only x-rays and CT pics, just not pretty stuff.  Mostly I look for broken or bleeding things... Seriously, though time... I need to start carrying it with me more often...  Maybe for hockey.  Also if your looking for action, think about a GoPro.  You can use it underwater.

I have a Mark II 1Ds, the original full frame, But mostly time stops me.  I still shoot, only x-rays and CT pics, just not pretty stuff.  Mostly I look for broken or bleeding things... Seriously, though time... I need to start carrying it with me more often...  Maybe for hockey.  Also if your looking for action, think about a GoPro.  You can use it underwater.

That's still a damn good camera after all these years. Hell, refurbs are going for about the same price of the cameras I mentioned above. Full frames are definitely the way to go if you're willing to spend the $$. Well worth the investment. 

True, and when I was using it regularly I had it refurbished twice. Its a beast, I have close to 12 terabyte of pics with it from all weddings and sporting events. Here is a link to some of my event photos taken with it: https://fischerwilliamsphoto.smugmug.com/Sports/Sports-Portfolio-Alex-Fischer/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.