Photography Thread

JJFIVEOH

Had the rare privilege to hike to an ecological preserve set aside to save the endangered Vancouver Island marmot today.

Didn't see any marmots, but the views were spectacular.

.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

That's a great shot! Vancouver Island and Olympic Natl Park have to offer some of the best photo opportunities in the world. 

That's a great shot! Vancouver Island and Olympic Natl Park have to offer some of the best photo opportunities in the world.

This really was a special place. You only find this kind of open meadow in the high country on the Island's spine, away from all the people.

Couple more shots:

We arrived before the sun

post-2708-0-22984800-1470980616_thumb.jpeg

Coming back over the mountaintop

post-2708-0-51932500-1470980710_thumb.jpeg

Some of the wildflowers

post-2708-0-13767200-1470980803_thumb.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pics of my new puppies.. not the greatest photos but I figured the photography thread was a good place for it.

The first one is River, the second Heron.  They were named by the rescue.  They were rescued from the floods in Louisiana as a full litter with their mother.  They are just about 13 weeks old.  Heron is the name of the street they were rescued from.

psur2CUh.jpg

7Exi4Z2h.jpg

Opportunity.. I mean we were going to get a shelter/rescue dog or dogs no matter what.  These girls met all our criteria from a basic mix and size guesstimate.  In talking with the rescue it's amazing how many animals were displaced.  It's the story you never hear about.  They are doing their best but the rescues in Louisiana themselves are insane trying to move them all over the country and begging other programs to take them because they have so many.

Those are gorgeous dogs. I'm jelly.

Thanks. They are acclimating to the new house and beginning to show their personalities. so awesome. We had our last dog for 18 years (died last April) so I've not had a puppy in a long time...

I love that this thread lives on...... I'm going on a 3 week 5,000 mile road trip from Boca Raton, to Memphis, to Kentucky, to Asheville, back to Kentucky...... then back to Boca Raton....... in October and November. I hope to add to this. 

The main goal isn't photography, but pictures will be taken nonetheless. 

A couple cell phone shots from my trip to Virginia.  I have a few on the camera, need to dig those up.

We took a two hour harbor cruise on this sailing out of Norfolk.  Sunset cruise.  Pretty cool time.

A3ECFVVh.jpg

This is a statue outside the Virginia Zoo in Norfolk.  The elephant is made up of butterflies and the butterfly made up of elephants.

8XlXovnh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the beach last night (this morning) about 1AM to watch some killer storms rolling in. Brought the camera with me but didn't have time to set up so I never used it. Just decided to watch the lightning when I noticed the silhouette of a water spout just about to come ashore. Only time I could see it was when lightning hit. These pics aren't the greatest, but when you consider they are screenshots on my phone of the video I took, they came out pretty good. 

iDxKH01h.png

9dJcNjVh.jpg

I don't dislike you, JJ... we just have a difference of opinion at times.  And thanks on the photos... attaching a couple from the same hike that were from my camera.  Sometimes the phone does as good or better of a job, surprisingly!

post-1683-0-47444200-1476117153_thumb.jpg

post-1683-0-56762400-1476117159_thumb.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.