Photography Thread

JJFIVEOH

Sigh. I want to go to all of these places. Nice pics Kev. Kind of reminds me of Ohiopyle southeast of Pittsburgh. One of the features there is a natural waterslide in one of the streams that flow into the Youghiogeny River. More than a day trip for you guys, but there's a lot to see around there. Mount Davis, the highest point in PA (and the snowiest). The Flight 93 Memorial. Fort Necessity National Battlefield. And two Frank Lloyd Wright houses. Then you could come home via Pittsburgh, stopping to piss on the side of the Consol Energy Center.

Sigh. I want to go to all of these places. Nice pics Kev. Kind of reminds me of Ohiopyle southeast of Pittsburgh. One of the features there is a natural waterslide in one of the streams that flow into the Youghiogeny River. More than a day trip for you guys, but there's a lot to see around there. Mount Davis, the highest point in PA (and the snowiest). The Flight 93 Memorial. Fort Necessity National Battlefield. And two Frank Lloyd Wright houses. Then you could come home via Pittsburgh, stopping to piss on the side of the Consol Energy Center.

MrsPie and I did the stuff around Ohiopyle a couple years ago. Falling Water is very cool, but Kentuck Knob is a house I could see actually living in. The slides on the south end of town were really running that day I'm impressed by the kids that braved them. I highly recommend it!

MrsPie and I did the stuff around Ohiopyle a couple years ago. Falling Water is very cool, but Kentuck Knob is a house I could see actually living in. The slides on the south end of town were really running that day I'm impressed by the kids that braved them. I highly recommend it!

They'd have to take me out of there on a stretcher (the slide, not Kentuck Knob). People were being slammed against the rock wall on one side. I can't imagine it feels good, unless you are young and still plastic.

Great pics, Bio! Are those taken with your phone? If so, what kind of phone are you using?

Thanks! And yep, cell phone pics (Nexus 5X) unfortunately, although not too bad for a camera phone.

Snow? Hockey season still to far away:(

Always some snow at 14,000 ft! ;)

Great pics, ubkev! I love waterfalls.

Thanks! And yep, cell phone pics (Nexus 5X) unfortunately, although not too bad for a camera phone.

No, not bad at all. You'll never be able to beat using different lenses with an SLR or film camera but phone cameras have come a long, long way over the last few years. 

Thanks bio! The flow rate is really low right now, so I could stand in the creek bed for a lot of pics. Next time I go, I'm going to wait for flood season!

Oh, and go to more mountains! You're making me miss skiing!

Thanks bio! The flow rate is really low right now, so I could stand in the creek bed for a lot of pics. Next time I go, I'm going to wait for flood season!

Oh, and go to more mountains! You're making me miss skiing!

lol me too... I just got around to putting the summer wax on my board last night, and I'm already looking forward to when I can take it back out in November.  :)

Kev, those are some killer waterfall shots. I'm jealous, there's nothing like hiking through the woods searching for waterfalls. Especially ones big enough where you can hear them a half mile away, so relaxing. \

Bio, I always thought that area starts getting real brown around this time of year. Your pics are so green. 

Three views of last weekend's excursion
.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg
attachicon.gifimage.jpeg
attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Where's that at? 

Dudacek, those are great! That green water... swoon.

And JJ, it hasn't rained here much recently, but it storms briefly most afternoons so I guess that's been enough to keep things going. The trail we did is typically only open from July-Sept since it's above 11,000 ft, so must be there's usually snow outside of those months!

Mine are of Myra Falls. They pour into Buttle Lake in Strathcona Park in northern Vancouver Island.

It's up pretty high, (not nearly as high as Bio's, but high for here) but you can drive most of the way.

Water was surprisingly warm enough to swim in.

Edited by dudacek

I caught some nice lighting on Sunday night's ride.

13723838_1027770443938512_37324346619693

Love the tree cover! We only get that in the country around here. In the city trees are few and far between. But I do have a mammoth maple right in front of my house. The next tree is 5 houses down.

A lot of established neighborhoods here have tree cover.  There has been a problem with a tree fungus that kills some of them, but I think it's only certain varieties that are affected.  We had two maples (at least they looked like maples) in our yard that had to be cut down, but then again, I always felt it was far too dry here for a maple to thrive (which probably makes them susceptible to the fungus).

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.