GDT: Winnipeg @ Buffalo 1:00 PM EST 3-26-16

Wyldnwoody44

Love this picture

Me too. That's a Sabrepede we can all get behind. Foligno lol

Great interview from Fasching. 

I might have to call him Mr. Microphone. He needs to put his hearing aid back in. Fast forward 20 years: d4rk's kids are going to tell him Hudson should replace Marty as color guy. He talks faster.

Nice goal calls by Dan! "It's a Jack Attack and the tower grows!" And on the last two goals anyway, the P.A. announcement of the Sabres' goals came right at puck drop of the ensuing faceoff. I've been bitching about that for years. It's such a nice touch. Good job!

Also, stick tap for Eichel having his mouth open and mouthguard out as he scored, looking a little like Perreault.

Things are looking up!

Tom Martin ‏@4TomMartin  25s

Fasching out on the ice with Foligno and Larsson now.

0 retweets0 likes

This could be his long term line if the Sabres significantly upgrade at wing.  I'm not sure it would be a bad thing; sounds like a damned tough line to play against and could probably put up a few goals themselves.

The kid is straight forward in his interviews love it :D

I liked how he described the goal, he read the play and didn't think he could make the pass so he went straight to the net. This goal should teach him that's were the goals are scored in the NHL. 

I also liked the Coach's decision to review the 2nd goal. I doubt they though it would be reversed, what it did do was give a chance for his team to gain composure. 

Woohoo! Still in the playoff hunt!

A legit shot at finishing above the Sens and Habs. Not many would have predicted that last off season. 

The kid is straight forward in his interviews love it :D

Give him a couple of bad games and PHam will start scolding him, then he'll turn into another cookie cutter/cliche interview. He'll learn to be straight forward with PHam after PHam uses it against him later on down the road. 

I liked how he described the goal, he read the play and didn't think he could make the pass so he went straight to the net. This goal should teach him that's were the goals are scored in the NHL. 

I also liked the Coach's decision to review the 2nd goal. I doubt they though it would be reversed, what it did do was give a chance for his team to gain composure. 

A legit shot at finishing above the Sens and Habs. Not many would have predicted that last off season. 

Certainly wouldn't have predicted it after the Habs started off 9-0-0. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I like the cut of Hudson's jib.

What's a jib?

The Sabres have an outside shot at .500, as well. Tall task, as they would have to go 5-2 in last 7, but the fact they are this close is an accomplishment.

Great win today, with the young guns coming through for us. Love beating the Jets.

Attended my first and only game of the season. Some thoughts:

Had noon reservation at (716). First time there. Oddly, we got there at 11 and figured we'd have a drink until our table was ready. They sat is immediately, which I did not expect. Food was good,service was better. Left about 30% gratuity for out fine young server. Never let our drinks run dry. Clearly, the guy can spot some drinkers.

Onto the game, I got tickets on stub hub in section 101. I didn't realize the location in the arena until I got there. Very convenient.

The first period, chet and muffy were in full effect. Funny though, most of the peeps I saw looked like blue collar Buffalo folk. Anywho, the arena was DEAD until Fasching's goal. My take on the scene, the play of the team is the biggest contributor to the crowds enthusiasm.

Fasching, Foligno, Bogo Are huge. Gionta is a gnat. Reinharts pass on Jack's goal was other worldly. Fasching dismantled the Jets Dman on his goal. So many close chances. Foligno, Girgensons. Drew Stafford is a punk bitch. It was nice that they recognized him and Marfans for their time as Sabres. Drew might still be one if he played with half the tenacity he does against his former team. Chris Thorburn remains one of my favorite players. Rugged 4th liner who always gives his all. He should have always been a Sabre.

Edited by inkman

Making the push for 80 points, I like it. Bust up the Tank V.3 bunker.

It's a great feeling.  All the guys are stepping up.  Larsson, Foligno, DLo, Bogosian, Pysyk, are stepping it up lately.  A LHD is a great add for the team in the draft, unless a lottery pick win, who knows.  It's nice to see Hudson come in and do that.  Nelson has some skill.  Now if we can get rid of Moulson! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.