GDT: Winnipeg @ Buffalo 1:00 PM EST 3-26-16

Wyldnwoody44

That's right, I'm starting a GDT early, and I'm stealing the thunder from WC as he is too busy pounding Red Bulls and vodka and bowing to Jesus Stamkos ;)

Today is an epic day, a day full of antics, old underachievers come to town as the listless jets fly into the U S of A to face the hometown heroes. With newbies on the team with fasching and Hudson playing.

Is that slender man?! No that's just old Marfans, Tyler Myers and his sidekick rocking the Les Paul, our old whipping boy drew Stafford, as the Jets limp down the home stretch.

I don't have fancy stats or lines or any good stuff, but dammit, I wanted to start a GDT this year and bad juju be damned for doing it prematurely.

Look for disco Dan to give Gionta 31 minutes and put eichel on the 4th line with Ellis and Mair, while vinz gets the nod in goal. Also look for this game to end in a 78 round shootout as disco himself notches the GWG.

P. S. The antics should be on full display in this one, clear from his investigation, our relentless Marriott dweller can now focus his attention on those that wouldnt play sword fight with him in the Jets locker room.

Edited by Wyldnwoody44

I came home to do it, but I'm happy you did, Woody. Diggin the enthusiasm though, top notch  :lol: 

If anyone ever wants to do one, just pm me the day of, because I usually try and crank these out before I go to sleep.

I wasn't on the board for it, but I think someone started a GDT for a playoff game, and we got hosed. I think that's where the practice stems from

I came home to do it, but I'm happy you did, Woody. Diggin the enthusiasm though, top notch :lol:

If anyone ever wants to do one, just pm me the day of, because I usually try and crank these out before I go to sleep.

I wasn't on the board for it, but I think someone started a GDT for a playoff game, and we got hosed. I think that's where the practice stems from

Well, we will see tomorrow if I carry the bad luck card. I'll try not to steal your thunder too much, between being on call for 10 days and sleep deprivation, mixed with a night off, a nice montecristo and a glass of scotch, I was feeling rowdy.

I got tix for tomorrow, looking forward to seeing the young guys play

Matthews would be ideal. The 2 Finns and PLD also look good. We will pick Chychrun if we pick lower than 6th.

Starting D men if Trouba can't go...

(103) Chiarot Buff

(4) Melchiori (118) Postma

Stuart (0) Kichton

NHL games played in brackets.

Stuart and Chiarot have been our worst D men starters all year.

The 2nd and 3rd pairings are scary.

Starting D men if Trouba can't go...

(103) Chiarot Buff

(4) Melchiori (118) Postma

Stuart (0) Kichton

NHL games played in brackets.

I thought those were their numbers for a second. I was gonna say, and we complain about our equipment manager! The Jets guy hands out triple digits!

I was beginning to think that the NHL had dropped the Sabres from the schedule, ya know, to help tank 3.0 ( :sick: ) and then ensure we lose the lottery, again.

Is it just me, or had the Sabres not played in forever.

I like their chances in this one.  The Jets (hey Ducky) have come off a great effort to beat the Kings, so they are bound to be flat.  I say, 4-1 Sabres.

GO SABRES!!

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

F ... just realized it's an afternoon game.

Usually, I can spend some time on line during game time in the afternoon, but not today.

Friggin' car shopping with my wife ... we are down (for now, anyway) to two options.  I HATE it so much I may not be able to wait until the Thursday thread re-opens.

F ... just realized it's an afternoon game.

Usually, I can spend some time on line during game time in the afternoon, but not today.

Friggin' car shopping with my wife ... we are down (for now, anyway) to two options. I HATE it so much I may not be able to wait until the Thursday thread re-opens.

Maybe it's because I'm a car guy, but car shopping didn't strike me as much of a hassle. Most places offer good deals now and make the whole process pretty painless. Are you buying or leasing? What are the cars you've narrowed down to?

Maybe it's because I'm a car guy, but car shopping didn't strike me as much of a hassle. Most places offer good deals now and make the whole process pretty painless. Are you buying or leasing? What are the cars you've narrowed down to?

Never ever lease ... worst thing ever invented, IMO.

Down to a 2010 and a 2011 Corolla.

I hate the whole thing, but we have to be sure that the cars meet my wife's health criteria ... she has a version of MS ... and it's not like other people prefer this, or that, you know.

I hate the whole thing, but we have to be sure that the cars meet my wife's health criteria ... she has a version of MS ... and it's not like other people prefer this, or that, you know.

Eh leasing has its place.

Interesting about how your wife's MS affects car buying. Am I prying too much if I ask you to expand on that?

I used carguru.com last August when I was looking for a truck. I was very specific about super cab, 4x4, make and year. 2012 or 2013. Can't stand the headlights on the new model. Mileage needed to be 30G or less. After comparing several through carguru I went to look at my number one choice. Everything I wanted and needed for $20G less than new. Sold. Very easy experience.

Wow been leasing for years. As long as I say within mileage drive New car every few years and no repair problems and less than half the payments over six year period. Everybody's situation is different though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.