GDT: Winnipeg @ Buffalo 1:00 PM EST 3-26-16

Wyldnwoody44

I hope Bylsma preps them for the game with a game plan to actually win those two games (instead of just to "play well.")  This is a chance to get these guys used to winning big games, almost playoff games (at least to the other teams).  By teaching them to be spoilers now they can be winners next season.

I'd love to see Gus become that dominant player who develops chemistry with the two whiz kids but so far he haven't. Boy if that like ne adds another talented scorer, look out!

It's fun beating bad teams, lol. But we have a long way to go to compete with Rangers and Capitals

Caps sure, but we're 1 Lundqvist injury away from competing with the Rags.

I hope Bylsma preps them for the game with a game plan to actually win those two games (instead of just to "play well.") This is a chance to get these guys used to winning big games, almost playoff games (at least to the other teams). By teaching them to be spoilers now they can be winners next season.

Being spoilers now has almost nothing to do with winning next year. There's 6 months in between now and the next game, these guys won't remember winning 2 random games at the end of the season. What matters is how they play, are they closer or better than those teams, do they win the little battles etc... winning the game is not as important as how they play the game and there isn't some magical win carry over to next year. Look at Anaheim, they started the season terrible but they didn't just continue to suck. Just like if Buffalo losses 2 random games it doesn't mean they'll suck next season.

By teaching them how to play hockey now they can be winners next season.

Edited by LGR4GM

Eichel has been Staffordish in his competitiveness?

No.

I said his demeanor. Reread. He looks bored 90% of the time.

Don't misread my post then authoritatively label it wrong based on your misinterpretation.

Also, the idea that Eichel gets motivated by other players on his own team scoring is not consistent with the player I see.

Who are we to believe he is? Christiano Ronaldo? Gimme a break.

You can't have it both ways. You want him to be this competitive player then expect him to be fine with his "lesser" rookie teammates scoring as many goals as him? What? You want him to be a fake class act at age 19? Some sort of Coach K? It's human nature. You don't need to be Cristiano Ronaldo in that case, you just need to be a normal human being. The player you see and the player I see are two different people.

I was looking at rookie stats from last year. Eichel would have finished 4th behind Stone, Gaudreau, and Forsberg even with the extra game projections. Isn't he supposed to be better than all 3? He's barely in the argument for the Calder. Most people would vote the defenseman from the Flyers over him.

The fact that I can't even make a minor critique while praising him is pathetic. He's going to be a great player, but he's not perfect. And he's not a perfect human being. 

Sorry to be negative but some posters seem more interested in protecting millionaire teenagers they don't know than having a realistic conversation. 

Don't misread my post then authoritatively label it wrong based on your misinterpretation.

You can't have it both ways. You want him to be this competitive player then expect him to be fine with his "lesser" rookie teammates scoring as many goals as him? What? You want him to be a fake class act at age 19? Some sort of Coach K? It's human nature. You don't need to be Cristiano Ronaldo in that case, you just need to be a normal human being. The player you see and the player I see are two different people.

I was looking at rookie stats from last year. Eichel would have finished 4th behind Stone, Gaudreau, and Forsberg even with the extra game projections. Isn't he supposed to be better than all 3? He's barely in the argument for the Calder. Most people would vote the defenseman from the Flyers over him.

The fact that I can't even make a minor critique while praising him is pathetic. He's going to be a great player, but he's not perfect. And he's not a perfect human being.

Sorry to be negative but some posters seem more interested in protecting millionaire teenagers they don't know than having a realistic conversation.

Or maybe they just disagree with you.

I think there is some truth to your take on Eichel. I just don't think it would manifest itself during a game like you think. There is no way Jack was pissy toward one of his teammates because he scored a goal in a game they were trying to win.

Edited by SwampD

Just watched the Eichel goal again. There have been many goals scored by him that look ho-hum. Like "how did the goalie miss that?"

Turns out Eichel has figured out how to curve his shots. He drifts one direction, the goalie follows, then he fires a shot with from his trailing side that must look like it's going wide, but because it has Eichel's lateral momentum, it curves into the net. Spectacular.

Eh leasing has its place.

Interesting about how your wife's MS affects car buying. Am I prying too much if I ask you to expand on that?

Yeah, leasing has it's place.

In  the past it was very useful for business especially when it came to taxes, but in Canada they changed the rules to, in fact, favour ownership, but that is neither here, nor there.

Well, my wife's internal thermostat does not work well as a result, so she can't regulate her core temperature like we all do.  So, she tends to overheat, which leads to very negative impact on her symptoms ... she can't speak, walk ... Blood flow is very important, as well.  If it's impeded she looses the feeling in her fingers, toes ...

So, we have several critical criteria in a car.  Light colour interior and exterior, AC, power windows ... we adjust the windows up / down constantly (believe it, or not, several of the Corolla's we looked at had crank windows) and sufficient leg room (she is very tall ... over 6 foot and all in her long legs ...  :flirt: ) for her to stretch and move her feet / lower legs.

The 2010 Corolla meets all of these requirements.  We have a 2011 for an extended test period this weekend and it meets all the requirements except it is not as comfortable to passenger in as the 2010.

Another major issue is that the used car detailing / air fresheners used all cause a very adverse reaction (migraines and all the reactions outlined above), or *new car smell*.

So, you can see we are up against it.

On top of a pretty frustrating day dealing with car sales persons BS ... I lost my new BlackBerry.  Called Bell to deactivate it and block it from use in Canada.  I have a pretty good idea where I lost it (the Nissan dealership) when I returned the rental as we are testing a car and there is no sense in paying for a rental too.  I left a message with the very nice Service Manager there, who arranged to rental, to look for it ... I think it fell out of my pocket, which I had unzipped to get the rental car paperwork out and then didn't zip it back shut ... let this be a lesson to always zip up guys and gals when you are finished your unzipped business ... and then sat in the car (you know how pockets are when sitting ... I loose all kinds of stuff out of them, but never my phone) to check the mileage.

Is it Thursday?

Maybe chz could open the Complaints Thread and move this post there.

Oh yeah.

Great win, awesome first NHL goal in first NHL game.

I really am starting to believe that the Sabres, all of them, are going to be fine after a few more adjustments.

My hope at this point is that they finish ahead of Montreal.  A dream come true considering the way the season started out.

GO SABRES!!

Just watched the Eichel goal again. There have been many goals scored by him that look ho-hum. Like "how did the goalie miss that?"

Turns out Eichel has figured out how to curve his shots. He drifts one direction, the goalie follows, then he fires a shot with from his trailing side that must look like it's going wide, but because it has Eichel's lateral momentum, it curves into the net. Spectacular.

If you watcha low angle replay of his goal a few weeks ago against Calgary, you can see that he bends it. It's insane.

Check out @BuffaloSabres's Tweet: https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/705596499598708741?s=09

Edited by sodbuster

Yeah, leasing has it's place.

In  the past it was very useful for business especially when it came to taxes, but in Canada they changed the rules to, in fact, favour ownership, but that is neither here, nor there.

Well, my wife's internal thermostat does not work well as a result, so she can't regulate her core temperature like we all do.  So, she tends to overheat, which leads to very negative impact on her symptoms ... she can't speak, walk ... Blood flow is very important, as well.  If it's impeded she looses the feeling in her fingers, toes ...

So, we have several critical criteria in a car.  Light colour interior and exterior, AC, power windows ... we adjust the windows up / down constantly (believe it, or not, several of the Corolla's we looked at had crank windows) and sufficient leg room (she is very tall ... over 6 foot and all in her long legs ...  :flirt: ) for her to stretch and move her feet / lower legs.

The 2010 Corolla meets all of these requirements.  We have a 2011 for an extended test period this weekend and it meets all the requirements except it is not as comfortable to passenger in as the 2010.

Another major issue is that the used car detailing / air fresheners used all cause a very adverse reaction (migraines and all the reactions outlined above), or *new car smell*.

So, you can see we are up against it.

On top of a pretty frustrating day dealing with car sales persons BS ... I lost my new BlackBerry.  Called Bell to deactivate it and block it from use in Canada.  I have a pretty good idea where I lost it (the Nissan dealership) when I returned the rental as we are testing a car and there is no sense in paying for a rental too.  I left a message with the very nice Service Manager there, who arranged to rental, to look for it ... I think it fell out of my pocket, which I had unzipped to get the rental car paperwork out and then didn't zip it back shut ... let this be a lesson to always zip up guys and gals when you are finished your unzipped business ... and then sat in the car (you know how pockets are when sitting ... I loose all kinds of stuff out of them, but never my phone) to check the mileage.

Is it Thursday?

Maybe chz could open the Complaints Thread and move this post there.

Over 6 foot! Wow! 

Regarding "new car smell", you might actually be better off purchasing new. The "new car smell" in new cars has a lot to do with smells left from the manufacturing process, glues and such, rather than something sprayed into the car. Used cars will have been detailed and perfumed and all that fun stuff, so I can see where that might cause issues. I don't think anyone likes that. 

I'm amazed that Toyota still makes models with crank windows. At this point most manufacturers aren't even offering the option because it's just cheaper to make the cars with power windows. 

It's too bad they aren't still making cars with R-12 refrigerant. Coldest AC I've ever known was my old Caprice. Ice box in the front seat.  :lol: 

Fasching was impressive, but his skating definitely has a ways to go. Hopefully he can be the crease crashing casher that we need.

Gorges, Bogosian, and McCabe are all #4 defensemen at best based on their play this year. I have hope for McCabe to continue growing, but that's where we need the most help. I didn't notice the new guy all that much, except he looked smooth and unintimidated.

Samson is giving me feelings. That turnover he created on the game winning goal was so awesome. Then he had to bend the backhand pass around Foligno to spring Jack, who's scored several against the grain goals like that this year.

Trollish? I don't get it.

Just focus on the clever part. It was meant as a compliment, honest.

I took your comment to be kind of like saying, "Yeah, nice NS.... blah blah blah." But instead of doing that you cleverly wrapped it up in a remark about how fast Hudson talks.  I liked it.  It was a good remark.  I might have come up with a better word than trollish but it just came out of my mind that way.

Carry on.

That's nuts!  It's like the curving bullet shots in Wanted.

or a curving frisbee.  If that's a real phenomenon and not some kind of optical illusion, it kind of puts Jack in a zone few, if any, other shooters are in.  It can make his long distance shots much harder to defend against, especially if he takes something off of them (giving the spin/slice effect more time to act and producing a more pronounced curve).

Just focus on the clever part. It was meant as a compliment, honest.

I took your comment to be kind of like saying, "Yeah, nice NS.... blah blah blah." But instead of doing that you cleverly wrapped it up in a remark about how fast Hudson talks.  I liked it.  It was a good remark.  I might have come up with a better word than trollish but it just came out of my mind that way.

Carry on.

or a curving frisbee.  If that's a real phenomenon and not some kind of optical illusion, it kind of puts Jack in a zone few, if any, other shooters are in.  It can make his long distance shots much harder to defend against, especially if he takes something off of them (giving the spin/slice effect more time to act and producing a more pronounced curve).

Not sure if it curves (pretty sure it doesn't), but I find him skating backwards, while stick handling, and then shooting, while never once looking down at the puck equally as mindblowing.

All three of those guys nominated for the Calder last year were significantly older than Eichel, though. It makes a big difference.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.