Now Erie Cornell Signs?

bob_sauve28

Haven't really seen him this year but it sounds like he really stepped up.

Initial impression: He's got an NHL body and skills.

Didn't seem to have an NHL game.

Definitely seems like he could use a slow burn in the AHL, but if all goes well, he seems like the type who could be a cheap complementary scorer in a few years when we're contending and cap space is as a premium.

#86, who knows.  He's had a hell of a season in junior though.  Putting some luster back on his prospect status.  

Yup, he's a pretty decent prospect and I'm glad he signed. As others have said, could potentially provide depth in the future for us.

So I was gonna play the name game too, and comment something like "Montezuma Pittsford" or some other nonsense.  Then it crossed my mind that there's a lot of Native American town names in NY that might be funny sounding, like "Tonawanda Wawayanda," or whatever.

I then remembered that Clarence "Screaming Buffalo" Swamptown was the character from slapshot who was Native American looking.  The thing is, there is no "Swamptown" in NY.  But what I did learn from dicking around on wikipedia, is that the actor that played Clarence "Screaming Buffalo" Swamptown is Joe Nolan, former hockey player and uncle to Ted Nolan.  I didn't know this.  And they joke in Slapshot that he'd been suspended for life, but in real life he had been suspended for life.  He "eventually came back to the Eastern Hockey League as a linesman who was respected by players."

They got some weird stuff on that internet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.