OT: Name Your Favorite NHL Player

WildCard

So, I'm bored af, and was wondering the other day on who everyone's favorite player is in the league right now. For the sake of actual discussion, let's remove any Sabre from being submitted.

I've been vocal about mine, it's Patrick Kane. I haven't been around long, but I've never seen someone do what he does on the ice, it's incredible and just beyond entertaining. Skill, arrogance, performance, the guy is just very fun to watch on the ice.

Anyone else?

Chris Neil.

Nah, I'm just kidding. Jagr is my favorite non-Sabre. The guy started his NHL career before I was born, and he can still hang with the young superstars in the league. Also, how he handled that incident with the model this off season was legendary.

Chris Neil.

Nah, I'm just kidding. Jagr is my favorite non-Sabre. The guy started his NHL career before I was born, and he can still hang with the young superstars in the league. Also, how he handled that incident with the model this off season was legendary.

Well played though  :lol:

Jagr since I was little.

I was always a big Luc Robitaille fan too, but you said current.

We'll do an 'All Time' thread later

Edited by WildCard

I love watching Seguin play. So much speed and skill playing in a fast and aggressive offense is truly a joy to watch. I think his style was basically made for the firewagon days, and while no team can truly play that way, Dallas is the closest approximation we have. It doesn't work without Seguin IMO. He doesn't have Kane's hands, but the package of skating, shot, and team, have vaulted him to my favorite to watch.

Dallas would be my second favorite team if they weren't, ya know, Dallas. Yes, still bitter.

I don't like any non-Sabres player. This is the first year in a while where I actually like any of the Sabres.

Thank you. Maybe we'll start acting like we have an NHL team to root for one of these days.

Yay, Connor, when you kill us in the final three years in a row (four would be too cruel).

I like Jamie Benn and Sean Monahan.  Benn because I think he gets under-appreciated and he is fun to watch. Monahan because I followed him his entire draft year and thought we might move up to draft him. 

Of players who are no longer in the league, Nicklas Lidstrom will be one of my favorite players forever. He was just so solid for so long and always played for the wings.  A lot of respect for him.

Brent Burns. He just makes me happy. Good guy, good player, long fuse but will stand up for himself if need be. And ridiculous looking. 

And of course Zetterberg but, well... yeah. I like a lot of goalies too, often more for their personalities than anything else- Lack, Luongo, Holtby. Gaudreau just seems to love what he does, Gostisbehere has been a joy this season. 

Geez, I better start coming up with clean shaven dudes or you guys will think I'm facial hair biased here... 

Brent Burns. He just makes me happy. Good guy, good player, long fuse but will stand up for himself if need be. And ridiculous looking. 

And of course Zetterberg but, well... yeah. I like a lot of goalies too, often more for their personalities than anything else- Lack, Luongo, Holtby. Gaudreau just seems to love what he does, Gostisbehere has been a joy this season. 

Geez, I better start coming up with clean shaven dudes or you guys will think I'm facial hair biased here... 

brent-burns-is-awesome-wears-leprechaun-

I don't think Gaudreau could grow a beard to save his life, so you're safe there! I'm absolutely with you on that one, he's one of my favorites for many reasons. He's a unique blend of looking like a jubilant kid out there playing but actually dazzling like an elite talent. Also, he's American and went through college where he steadily progressed. I think that's pretty cool. 

My second favorite team is the Rangers (distant, distant, distant second before anyone jumps me...) so I like plenty of their players. Some of my favorites are JT Miller, McDonagh, Brassard, and of course Hank. I'm really looking forward to seeing both Johnny and JT on Team North America with Eichel this fall.

I'm also with WC about Kane. He's mesmerizing on the ice and I try to catch as many games of his as I can. It's awesome that the first American to win the Art Ross will be from our hometown. Well, he hasn't won it yet, but he's up 12 on Benn who only has 9 games left. Barring injury and a great run by Benn without his running mate Seguin, I think it's safe to say Kane has it wrapped up. 

OV. He's been the best player on the ice for the last decade. He skates, he scores, he's strong and scrappy, he carries the title of sniper and power forward just about equally. He's also fun, and funny, and dear god I hope he wins the cup this year.

I hope he doesn't, gets frustrated, and the demands a trade to Buffalo to complete his mission. 

OV. He's been the best player on the ice for the last decade. He skates, he scores, he's strong and scrappy, he carries the title of sniper and power forward just about equally. He's also fun, and funny, and dear god I hope he wins the cup this year.

This is good. IMO one of the games greatest snipers to ever lace 'em up.

Toews is up there too. Professional on and off the ice

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.