GDT: Buffalo @ Montreal, 7:30 pm est, 3-10-2016

Doohickie

It's not about the well-being a of Canadiens player. If you can't see that than your head is so far up your ass that it looks like a normal head. 

Correct. 

D4rk has graced all of us (along with PA, unless he was being sarcastic and/or trolling) with a series of posts so foolish and sociopathic as to make me wonder what is going on in his head.

It's not about the well-being a of Canadiens player. If you can't see that than your head is so far up your ass that it looks like a normal head. 

In the context of the game it is. Show me in the hockey fan rulebook where compassion is a requirement. 

I hope he's fine. But I couldn't give two craps about how he is during the game. Do Blackhawks fans still feel bad about Scott Nichol scrambling Timmy Connolly's brain? No. Did a Flyers fan ever feel bad for Pronger's victims? No. Did Sens fans ever feel bad about Chris Neil decapitating Drury? No. Did Bruins fans feel bad when Chara almost killed Pacioretty? Hell no. 

Come down off the high horse. 

In the context of the game it is. Show me in the hockey fan rulebook where compassion is a requirement. 

I hope he's fine. But I couldn't give two craps about how he is during the game. Do Blackhawks fans still feel bad about Scott Nichol scrambling Timmy Connolly's brain? No. Did a Flyers fan ever feel bad for Pronger's victims? No. Did Sens fans ever feel bad about Chris Neil decapitating Drury? No. Did Bruins fans feel bad when Chara almost killed Pacioretty? Hell no. 

Come down off the high horse. 

I also want to see in the hockey fan rulebook where I have to like Connor McDavid.

I think we're looking at different passes, Jack's was to Risto I think and never got close. Then again, he was put in a tough spot on the boards, not sure if he could have done anything else.

It would not be hard to convince me that Bylsma legitimately believes Cal O'Reilly is Ryan O'Reilly.

Ha.  I'm lost on this one too.  Seems Gus, Larry or Foligno would be better choices skill wise.  Or maybe he doesn't want to mess up lines since there were 2 minutes left...idk.

Enjoyable game anyways.  And having Galchenyuk in fantasy eases the pain.  

I side with you. Every player on the ice knows that the stretcher in that situation is precautionary and that it was 99.99 percent likely that Subban was just fine. I didn't see any prayer circles or anything. It's hockey. Let's not be so dramatic. Bylsma saying that you don't feel like playing after something like that is ludicrous and should be one more strike against him. ###### that. Go win the game. P.K. Subban was going to be fine!

Please do explain how you can divine what every player on the ice knows.

Rob Ray sounded genuinely shaken when he talked about how it's really difficult for every player to see something like that - a harsh reminder of how dangerous the sport can be.

I don't even care if Subban isn't fine. No team has ever cared about the well-being of our star players. Why should we care about theirs? 

You may want to up the dosage.

And then keep upping it.

I also want to see in the hockey fan rulebook where I have to like Connor McDavid.

This made me laugh.

I have no idea how any of those fans felt in connection with any of those incidents.

I know how I felt when one of the truly great players, great guys in the league went down with something that looked like it may have affected his upper spine: Badly.

No one has said this, they just criticize the desire to have him break more bones.

To want someone injured because they don't play for us;  it's childish.   I don't think going to Edmonton made McDavid happy either.   

I'm not sure I'd be happy to see even Marchand or Lucic seriously injured;  I might view it as karma to an extent, but I don't think it would make me happy.  I'd rather see guys like that beaten fair and square, not by injuries.  

:lol:

C'mon! Own it. I left mine up about Franson.

Ugh.

I really meant it as an in-joke around here (vis-a-vis Franson, as you rightly note). Posted it as soon as I saw the gloves fly - figured maybe he was just cut. Then the thing progressed, and ... I felt badly for posting it. Still do.

Correct. 

D4rk has graced all of us (along with PA, unless he was being sarcastic and/or trolling) with a series of posts so foolish and sociopathic as to make me wonder what is going on in his head.

Sociopathic seems a bit much. Subban was fine. Any Sabre who couldn't concentrate on tying the game after the incident has mush for brains.

Ugh.

I really meant it as an in-joke around here (vis-a-vis Franson, as you rightly note). Posted it as soon as I saw the gloves fly - figured maybe he was just cut. Then the thing progressed, and ... I felt badly for posting it. Still do.

Its all good, you actually posted that before the stretcher came out and it was an obvious reference to the Franson post in another game.

Somewhere in between.....

To my untrained eye it didn't look like the sort of injury that would be serious, so I wasn't concerned about PK's well being.  And I didn't expect the Sabres players to be terribly concerned either.  

Having said that....... Short of maybe 2-3 players in the league, they all get default empathy from me these days.

Coming from a medical perspective, I've seen bad injuries that didn't follow terrible trauma. I wasn't sold on it being a severe injury, but I certainly didn't rule it out.

With that said, a big part of me was thinking, alright, their best D man is out now and we have 3 minutes to score.

Then we failed to posses the puck at all and the night was ruined.

Some guys I wish ill on, not McDavid or Crosby other than an incident that curtails their whining, that causes their mouths stapled shut, but Lucic and Neil eviserate the same feelings other fans feel, felt about Kaleta and John Scott... to quote my dearly departed Mom "kill em just kill em... oh did I say that? You didnt hear that... please leave the room... door shut still can hear "hit him... kill em."

Edited by North Buffalo

Some guys I wish ill on, not McDavid or Crosby other than an incident that curtails their whining, that causes their mouths stapled shut, but Lucic and Neil eviserate the same feelings other fans feel, felt about Kaleta and John Scott... to quote my dearly departed Mom "kill em just kill em... oh did I say that? You didnt hear that... please the room... door shut still can hear "hit him... kill em."

Those two may be the only two on my list.  I'd have to do some thinking to come up with others.  When Neil was concussed a few seasons back my reaction was, good.  Deserved it.  That's a pretty rare response from me these days.

Bodies are so weird, they can survive really dramatic trauma, but then end up fully paralyzed because of a freak tweak of the muscles. Survive a car wreck fairly unscathed one day, break your leg stepping on uneven pavement wrong the next. 

I for one am glad Subban is ok. I don't wish serious injury on anyone- not McDavid, not PK, not even pieces of sh!t like Chris Neil. A good comeuppance is nice once in awhile, but neck injuries... Dude. That sh!t is bad. Subban's a good guy off the ice, it seems, and while I hate him on the ice in opposition, glad he's up and cleared today. 

Please do explain how you can divine what every player on the ice knows.

Rob Ray sounded genuinely shaken when he talked about how it's really difficult for every player to see something like that - a harsh reminder of how dangerous the sport can be.

You may want to up the dosage.

And then keep upping it.

This made me laugh.

I have no idea how any of those fans felt in connection with any of those incidents.

I know how I felt when one of the truly great players, great guys in the league went down with something that looked like it may have affected his upper spine: Badly.

It seems to me people are in denial about the physical cost of pro sports and our complicity in it. How can you possibly feel empathy for a guy while being entertained? Every moment these guys play they're damaging their bodies irreparably. Every moment. We pay these guys truckloads of money so that we don't have to have guilty consciences when they're brain damaged and can't go outside at 40.

Spare me the guilt trip. I hope PK is okay so he can continue to dance for our amusement in a game that doesn't give two chits about safety and long term health.

It seems to me people are in denial about the physical cost of pro sports and our complicity in it. How can you possibly feel empathy for a guy while being entertained? Every moment these guys play they're damaging their bodies irreparably. Every moment. We pay these guys truckloads of money so that we don't have to have guilty consciences when they're brain damaged and can't go outside at 40.

Spare me the guilt trip. I hope PK is okay so he can continue to dance for our amusement in a game that doesn't give two chits about safety and long term health.

So if he's paralyzed and can't walk again, you don't give a crap?

What if he dies?  Still nothing?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.