GDT: Buffalo @ Montreal, 7:30 pm est, 3-10-2016

Doohickie

The Atlas and axis (C-1,C-2) are much smaller and weaker than the lumbar vertebrae, because of the way his head was bent and the blow to the head, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mini fracture there.

Hopefully just bad whiplash, Google Jefferson fracture and hangman fracture and you'll see

He didn't bleed out on the ice. Go win the game.

Injuries happen. Nothing indicates he was paralyzed or really severely injured.

The Atlas and axis (C-1,C-2) are much smaller and weaker than the lumbar vertebrae, because of the way his head was bent and the blow to the head, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mini fracture there.

Hopefully just bad whiplash, Google Jefferson fracture and hangman fracture and you'll see

So how severe is that?

Injuries happen. Nothing indicates he was paralyzed or really severely injured.

So how severe is that?

Well, if there is a micro fracture it can be mild, but if not immobilized properly it can become a neurosurgical emergency. I've seen at least a dozen broken necks in the ER that presented with just neck pain after mild trauma, a few of those cases had to be transferred for surgery.

He hit at a pretty high speed, could be just a super bad jam and strain, but no way he should be moving until a CT shows no break

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.