World Cup 2016

MODO Hockey

I laughed a long time last night after reading Kessel's tweet.  A long time.

He earned a lot of respect in my opinion.  Frankly, there's no way he regrets that tweet ever.  If the powers that be are offended and they are still in charge then he's not getting picked anyway.  Anyone new is going to know that he was right.

It was laughable how outplayed they were.

Matthews already has NA up 1-0.  It's like a minute into the game.

And now the second penalty on Sweden, still under one minute.  (The PP on the first was negated by the goal.)

Penalty shot (Gaudreau) stopped. missed.

Now 2-0, 1:30 in!  Eich was involved, too.

Edited by Eleven

The play that Matthews made to set up his own goal was really something.

And McDavid's rush just prior to that was breath taking (although fairly ordinary by his standards).

3-1.

Man, Team NA is something.

I'm also trying to figure out how Eichel got a secondary on the second goal.

Edit: Maybe Jack drifted down that far after dishing to Ghost?

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/Cs5op2-WYAAPb-b.mp4

post-760-0-13712200-1474487189_thumb.png

Yep - I can see it on this one. That little black blur is the puck. Nifty backhand pass to Ghost to start the play.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I don't know if I'm more bummed I'm missing it, or that Matthews is playing well again. I'm unbelievably bitter Toronto won the lottery :lol:

I have not been watching it, but have seen the highlights. The play he makes, from his knees in part, to control McDavid's rebound, get around a big Swede, feed his right d-man, and pot the rebound ... sick stuff.

here it is, btw:

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/Cs5uzrFVUAAHVJj.mp4

I have not been watching it, but have seen the highlights. The play he makes, from his knees in part, to control McDavid's rebound, get around a big Swede, feed his right d-man, and pot the rebound ... sick stuff.

here it is, btw:

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/Cs5uzrFVUAAHVJj.mp4

Madness. Also, McDavid going end to end and splitting the defensemen was unreal. First thing that came to mind was (with apologies to those who hate cross-sport references) a young Mike Vick running between two Vikings defenders who had taken the correct angles, but he just outran it. McDavid, similarly, just broke geometry.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.