World Cup 2016

MODO Hockey

Very entertaining game again. Russia got better goaltending than NA did.

Jackie boy was a bit up and down but overall pretty good. MacLellan put him on with McD and Matthews with about 10 min left to try to create a spark, which worked. He didn't stay with that line though.

That 5-on-3 was poorly run. Too many shots from distance.

Kulikov was also pretty good.

McD will be the best player in the NHL within 1-2 years.

It looked like McLellan (sp?) basically went with Matthews/McDavid for half the third, and McKinnon/Nugent-Hopkins for most of the rest

Jack was on the next tier with Scheifele, Couturier and to a lesser extent Saad and Gaudreau.

Larkin, Drouin and Trochek saw very little ice.

Probably about where he deserved to be given the way he played.

Kulikov plays with Gorges' positioning and edge, but he can also skate and pass and is bigger.

He's not a legitimate first pairing guy, but he will be a huge upgrade.

Edited by dudacek

Emelin has now taken shots at both of our young stud forwards. I didn't catch a replay to see if his elbow hit Jack in the head or not, but either way, he can basically do what he wants, because he can't fight.

I heard that Eichel got run a couple times. Is true?

Ekblad with another concussion. His third in 25 months ...

(Reports, not issued as statement)

Yuck.

From the replay it looked like he hit his head on the dasher ...that is not good.

Eichel?

I heard that Eichel got run a couple times. Is true?

Yuck.

Eichel?

He was boarded by Marchenko, and then rocked by Emelin. I haven't seen a replay to see if it was an elbow to the head but it was close to it. And yes, I think he meant Eichel.

Edit: I guess he didn't mean Eichel, which is relieving.

Edited by Randall Flagg

#tblightning Drouin on fourth line with Eichel and JT Miller at Team North America practice today.

Interesting

Meh. I'm looking forward to Eichel skating with Drouin. Would rather see Larkin than Miller though. 

It'll be interesting also to see what the 1st PP unit looks like. Eichel played those opportunities as well as or better than anybody else last night from what I saw. 

I'm guessing McDavid and Matthews will get over 20 minutes apiece vs Sweden. 

I'm just glad Eichel is skating and practicing.

^This. More important than anything. 

https://twitter.com/bnharrington/status/778291803766259712

Coach's thoughts.

TBH after watching Eichel get boarded and the hit from Emelin, I would rather limit his ice time.

Or this might be me justifying his demotion to the fourth line.

Well he's not wrong. But the confusing thing is, if he did this move after the first game, I would get it. But he hustled last night, and he moved his feet that entire game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.