World Cup 2016

MODO Hockey

I'm excited to see Jack with RNH- RNH makes amazing plays without having to hold the puck 100% of the time. Jack, Connor, and Johnny all need the puck to maximize what they can do. Still not a fan of Gaudreau with Eichel (or McDavid for that matter) and hope Gaudreau gets his own line to drive, maybe with Larkin and Scheifele or something.

I loved seeing Eichel and McDavid play together but I think once the games come all these guys will control their own lines and the team will be better for it

I did a quick check and it seems that all 30 NHL teams are represented in the World Cup.  Tampa Bay has 12 players playing (the most) and the Canes (2), NJ (2) and Ottawa (1) are the least. After TB, Chicago has 10 players, the Caps 9 and amazingly the Loafs 8.  The rest have between 3-7 players represented.  Do you think TB, Chicago or Wash will be hurt by having such a huge % of their NHL teams in the tourney, or are they so good that this won't be a positive or a negative?

I'm curious if having a Sabre on Finland, Canada or Russia will make you root for them.  I don't mind rooting for the Fins (and Risto), but I don't see myself ever rooting for Russia (Kulikov).  Canada (ROR) is hard.  I'm part Canadian but am very much a USA guy.  I am rooting for team USA and the TNA squad (actually I'd love to see the kids win the thing), but if they can't win it, I'm still not sure I'll root for the Canadians.  

Also there are 4 UFA D playing (2 for Europe and 2 for the Czechs).  Do you think GMTM might have an interest in any of the 4.  Seidenberg and Ehrhoff are the Euro FAs.  Michal Jordan and Jakub Nakladal are the Czech FA D. Jordan, 26, played for the Canes and Checkers last year and is a L shoot puck mover.  Nakladal, 28, is a R shoot D who spent time with the Flames and the Heat last year.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Just adds to what I love about him.  His offensive zone ability is superb.  He's a complete player.  We see him hammer guys in front of his net, lays a big hit here or there, has great vision and a shot that can get the puck to the net all with very solid skating.

As the rest of the team improves he'll really begin to stand out as a player at the highest level.

I've seen everything I need to see now.  Forget the bridge deal.  Sign him to the big long-term deal.  Take the (small) gamble.

Tyler Myers made a few similar plays as well.

Still want to see more out of him on a consistent basis before I give him a long-term deal.... continue to improve his agility, speed and quickness, assert himself offensively.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.