Predict the Biggest Trade Deadline Move

WildCard

thewookie1, on 24 Feb 2016 - 12:30 AM, said:

As in good good, or I need to adjust my value. How I saw it was McGinn(50%) + BUF's 3rd = BOS's lower of 2 1sts and Franson(50%) = 2 2nds down the line thus I just took a bit of leeway and just said this years EDM's 2nd which BOS holds.

Good, as in I think that's a good prediction.  A very possible trade IMHO.

Something unexpected would be the most fun.

How about:

McGinn and a third to the Panthers for Mike Matheson

Pysyk and Legwand to the Stars for a first

Moulson to the Islanders for a pack of hockey cards.

Subban and Galchenyuk for Malkin and Pouliot

Damn, now that would be a fun trade deadline day

I like the Staal idea, but I hate it because I want to trade Gorges and McGinn to Chicago

Last I heard Eberle isn't going anywhere because of his chemistry with McDavid. But, let's say we throw in, I don't know, Ullmark in place of that 2nd for Hall. Eh?

Maybe not, but McLellan went off tonight on the entire team. Some fun stuff below: 

Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec  1h1 hour ago
McLellan: "I'm really concerned about the spirit of our team right now. Really concerned."

McLellan, asked about changing the commitment level of some players: "Maybe we have to get rid of some."

McLellan: "It's got to change, or we've got to make huge, huge changes."

McLellan: "There were some (players) who should be embarrassed when they leave here."

I know we've heard this all before coming out of Edmonton, but with an entirely new regime from president on down, and maybe even...*dons tinfoil hat*...some NHL pressure to not waste McDavid, maybe they actually will make real changes.

Maybe not, but McLellan went off tonight on the entire team. Some fun stuff below: 

McLellan: "I'm really concerned about the spirit of our team right now. Really concerned."

McLellan, asked about changing the commitment level of some players: "Maybe we have to get rid of some."

McLellan: "It's got to change, or we've got to make huge, huge changes."

McLellan: "There were some (players) who should be embarrassed when they leave here."

I know we've heard this all before coming out of Edmonton, but with an entirely new regime from president on down, and maybe even...*dons tinfoil hat*...some NHL pressure to not waste McDavid, maybe they actually will make real changes.

There is literally nothing more I love in hockey, other than the Sabres winning and a Boston tire-fire, than an Edmonton tire-fire. I ###### loath that place. This is just hilarious to me. Thorny was saying in the other thread their 0-5 and have lost 8/9 recently. The fact that the Oilers are better at losing than teams trying to lose, yearly, is just too funny for me.

There will be huge changes for them, there has to be. RNH, Yak, and probably one of Eberle/Hall are all gone. In other words, they won the lottery 4 times, and failed 75% of the time to create a cohesive roster; too early to tell on McDavid's go around with Edmonton. That. Is. Hilarious 

Edited by WildCard

St. Louis has Steen and Eiliot on the IR. Both are expected to be out for a month. St. Louis is 3 points behind Dallas for the division lead. Could see the Blues going for McGinn and Johnson. Jack Allen (goalie) was activated from the IR a few days ago. Something to pay attention to. 

Edited by GoPre

There is literally nothing more I love in hockey, other than the Sabres winning and a Boston tire-fire, than an Edmonton tire-fire. I ###### loath that place. This is just hilarious to me. Thorny was saying in the other thread their 0-5 and have lost 8/9 recently. The fact that the Oilers are better at losing than teams trying to lose, yearly, is just too funny for me.

There will be huge changes for them, there has to be. RNH, Yak, and probably one of Eberle/Hall are all gone. In other words, they won the lottery 4 times, and failed 75% of the time to create a cohesive roster; too early to tell on McDavid's go around with Edmonton. That. Is. Hilarious

Fans definitely root for different reasons, most of which I thought I knew but the last few years have made strange bed fellows.

I got nothing but love for the oil. Don't know if it's the colors, the cool logo, the Gretzky factor, or what but they don't bother me in the least.

In my view skinner is damaged goods

Maybe I'm in the wrong for doing so but I view him almost as identical to Ennis.

Maybe I'm in the wrong for doing so but I view him almost as identical to Ennis.

Wow, that's actually really close: 

http://dobberhockey.com/frozenpool_compare.php?compare%5B%5D=2198&compare%5B%5D=2408&sent=go&games=YEAR%3AR%7CP%3A201%5B34%5D

(No idea if that link will work)

Skinner is younger, so thats something, but if they're that similar I'd rather forget Skinner, let Ennis take the year off, and hope he can get it together next year. It was a lost year for him; I think it takes a while to get used to Bylsma's system, and he's been injured so much he hasn't had time to learn it.

I might still pull the trigger if Carolina is really desperate to get rid of the contract and will either A) Give me a top tier prospect in addition to Skinner or B) retain some of the salary. I could also see sending Ennis to them as a cheaper, older Skinner who I'd be getting, and also getting back addition picks or prospects. 

Pretty simple here guys. All you have to do is predict:

a) The biggest move the Sabres make at the deadline

b) The biggest move across the league

Go ahead and get creative with it. Throw Stamkos around, trade P.K. if you want. Let's see what you've got.

For me, I'll go with:

a) Zach Bogosian, a 2nd, and Zemgus Girgensons to the Oilers for Taylor Hall

b) The Habs trade away Max Pacioretty to the Ducks for picks/prospects and Cam Fowler

I like ya Wildcard.  But this is Wookie quality :P

I like ya Wildcard.  But this is Wookie quality :P

It's supposed to be that kind of thread  ;)

Sabres acquire Jordan Staal.

Canadieans move Pacioretty.

Biggest Sabres move:  McGinn and Franson to the Kings for their 2nd-best defenseman prospect

Biggest NHL move:  Drouin for Pacioretty

I want Pacioretty so badly

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.