Weber traded to Caps for a 2017 3rd

Brawndo

Sabres now have 20 picks in the next two drafts.

2016:

Sabres 1st

Sabres 2nd

Sabres 3rd

More favorable of Canucks/Isles 3rd

Sharks or Stars 3rd (never clear who's they got in Enroth deal)

Blues 3rd

Sabres 4th

Sabres 5th

Canadiens 5th

Sabres 6th

Sabres 7th

Canadiens 7th

Sabres 1st

Sabres 2nd

Wild 2nd

Sabres 3rd

Capitals 3rd

Sabres 4th

Sabres 5th

Sabres 6th

Sabres 7th

There's 21 listed here but they will have to transfer one of their next two thirds for Bylsma.

I hated Weber like everyone else hated Stafford. And we all know how satisfying hate-sex can be, am I right?

I'll show myself out.

Hmm...I never associated you with Weber hate. I need to drink less or more. I had an ex come over right after we broke up and the outta me. I never knew quite why but perhaps it was her attempt at hate me. Probably was the best sex we ever had. :lol:

the team leader in plus/minus for a third round draft pick ?

i'd say that's a salary dump.....but apparently we are paying half of that.

I don't get it.....I don't like the trade.

Definitely not a salary dump. It's a strange time when posters are claiming we didn't get enough for possibly the most hated player of the last half decade.

the team leader in plus/minus for a third round draft pick ?

Plus minus is deceiving. He played less minutes and against 3rd or 4th line forwards compared to the other D. Not much of a dump given he will be a UFA.

To me this is worth more than what I thought he'd get.  While it would have been nicer in this draft class, that's fine.  I thought a fifth would honestly be the price.  There's zero difference to me between he and Colaiacovo.  Outside of the fact he's been a Sabres lifer.  Good for him, I hope he can get to the Cup. 

the team leader in plus/minus for a third round draft pick ?

A very useless stat. What don't you get? He was not going to be re-signed so he was traded for something....not too hard to understand , is it?

Definitely not a salary dump. It's a strange time when posters are claiming we didn't get enough for possibly the most hated player of the last half decade.

I'm not sure he was hated. I liked his grit and heart. That being said, I did yell "F'ing Weber" at the TV several times over the years.

I can not believe we could not get more. The Caps are a very good team and will continue to be.  That third rounder is going to most likely be a bottom 5 pick.  Pick 110-120.  Can you even expect to get an NHL player out of that?  I love Mike Weber's game.  I like him as a Sabre, but if this team is serious then he needed to move on for something.  If only the word "conditional" was in there somehow, it would make this more interesting. 

Think i'd rather have Weber than the 90th pick tbh. Its a shame, this will be a quiet weekend for us. The crap that needs to go - Ennis, Moulson, Foligno etc. - won't get shifted and we don't have any exciting UFA

I'm sorry, though I agree on Moulson, Ennis isn't crap.  He's just had a tough year adjusting and got a hit to the back of the head that he hasn't cleared yet.  To say that Weber is more valuable than Foligno a lone is a laugh.

Except that time he gave Sidney the business in the Burgh and Terry went all Weber's Hot Mustard on him. I hear the whistling of Ghost... Mike's enduring legacy might be the hurt he wore after the fans cheered against the Sabres at home. Good guy. No hate for him from me. He'll get the last laugh, it sounds like.

sarcasm?

An opposite opinion always has to be a con job. Call him a troll, call him a troll!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.