Weber traded to Caps for a 2017 3rd

Brawndo

Mike Weber bled for this team every minute of every miserable year, when others in the room didn't give a and when the paying customer blamed him for being thrust into a role he wasn't capable of by management that never gave him the support he deserved.

He is the definition of a good soldier.

Good on Tim Murray for sending him to the best possible destination.

If anyone from the post Black Sunday Sabres deserves to drink from Lord Stanley's chalice, it is Mike.

My playoff team this year is now set.

Mike Weber bled for this team every minute of every miserable year, when others in the room didn't give a ###### and when the paying customer blamed him for being thrust into a role he wasn't capable of by management that never gave him the support he deserved.

He is the definition of a good soldier.

Good on Tim Murray for sending him to the best possible destination.

If anyone from the post Black Sunday Sabres deserves to drink from Lord Stanley's chalice, it is Mike.

My playoff team this year is now set.

Go Panthers? 

Ennis, well I just don't like his game. He mostly just annoys me. Foligno tries to be something he is not. Weber knows his job and fulfils. Don't ask too much of him and he will serve his role.

He was taken higher than expected in his draft year because of how determined to make the NHL he appeared in his interview. He was twice the unsung Sabre of the year (as voted for by the players). He loved the city.

A low third is a borderline pointless pick. Our defence isn't exactly brimming with depth, he is a cheap and reliable 6/7 d-man

define "reliable."  i would describe him as "not very good." 

is he anything more than injury insurance for the caps?

novel concept...too bad darcy didn't think of that 10 years ago.

The team needs to add two top four defenseman and bump d-men 3 and 4 to the 5-6 slots to vastly improve. Mike Weber does not fit into this equation. See ya, goober!

We got more for him than I could have hoped, and he really is replaceable. Win-win for me

Welcome to the board. Oh, and change your avatar, Timmy

Edited by WildCard

I'm holding out for a 2nd and a B prospect.

This would be acceptable. It seems to me it's a sign we lack depth if we call up Catennaci and Varone. Look who fills the call ups in Roch. Kea?! Wtf?! Look at a typical Amerks game notes. Visiting teams' rosters usually carry more players. As much as 5-6 more. Feels like the restructuring isn't completed yet. To me that is. Wtf do I know?

Shocked at the return....I would have thought we'd get a 5th for him max.  And I love that now the Sabres retaining money in a deal to better a draft pick is old hat, even if the odds of a 3rd round pick are middling to make an NHL roster. 

Murray striking early may mean he wants to have more time to wheel and deal at the deadline.  So hopefully the guys have big suitcases.

Edited by Darryl Shannon's +/-

A little surprised that he was worth a 3rd, but if you figure moving the pick back a year bumps it up a round & keeping salary bumps it up a round. So, he was worth a 5th, but TM's creativity moved it up 2 rounds.

Hope he actually gets to play & isn't strictly depth.

Wouldn't mind them bringing him back, but really don't care that much who the #7/8 is.

^

I heard the market would yield lower values. A 3rd for a 6/7 Dman is good value. Really good.

McGinn is GONNA fetch a second.

And a prospect.

Ennis, well I just don't like his game. He mostly just annoys me. Foligno tries to be something he is not. Weber knows his job and fulfils. Don't ask too much of him and he will serve his role.

He was taken higher than expected in his draft year because of how determined to make the NHL he appeared in his interview. He was twice the unsung Sabre of the year (as voted for by the players). He loved the city.

A low third is a borderline pointless pick. Our defence isn't exactly brimming with depth, he is a cheap and reliable 6/7 d-man

I don't know. Could be worse I guess on borderline pointless picks.

http://thehockeywriters.com/the-best-late-round-nhl-draft-picks/

I'm holding out for a 2nd and a B prospect.

As noted above I believe this will happen and it may very well be a better prospect than the B level.

There is the possibity that some of these 2nd and 3rd round picks could be packaged to get a higher pick, or used as a sweetener in a player acquisition.

This trade might be Murray sending a message that if teams want in on a D like Franson or Bogo, don't wait until the deadline, pay the asking price now.

I like this a lot. Wouldn't be the first time GMTM would think from a certain spot in the draft like say after the first pick to say I'll give you the rest of my picks for your next one! 

And a prospect.

I don't know. Could be worse I guess on borderline pointless picks.

http://thehockeywriters.com/the-best-late-round-nhl-draft-picks/

As noted above I believe this will happen and it may very well be a better prospect than the B level.

I like this a lot. Wouldn't be the first time GMTM would think from a certain spot in the draft like say after the first pick to say I'll give you the rest of my picks for your next one! 

Then that team would be better off throwing a first rounder at us.

I for one want to thank Mike Weber for the blood, sweat, and tears he gave for this organization. As a benefactor of his Tickets for Troops foundation, I can't thank him enough. He is a class act, and a type of person this city relates to.  Good luck Mike, I hope you get to raise the cup this year.

From Joe Yerdon

Understated part of deadline trades Tim Murray has made with impending UFAs: He sends them to contenders. Players must appreciate that.

I'm probably one of the few males on the face of the Earth who does not find her attractive.

Aren't all buyers at the deadline contenders?

Sofia Vergara is a goddess, even in her 40s.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I for one want to thank Mike Weber for the blood, sweat, and tears he gave for this organization. As a benefactor of his Tickets for Troops foundation, I can't thank him enough. He is a class act, and a type of person this city relates to. Good luck Mike, I hope you get to raise the cup this year.

He might have a twitter account. You could thank him directly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.