Evander Kane suspended for missing practice

Hoss

You don't drink coffee to get through the day?

No.

Using drugs to enhance performance or to enhance your social life with the excuse that a hockey player needs to because he is over worked is not a reasonable excuse. 

Everyone I known in the medical field should be on coke to make it through the day with that rational.

I don't doubt that there is cocaine being used.

But they use it because they are over worked? No, not good enough of an excuse.

They're overworked and have the money.   It leaves the system within 24hrs, curbs hunger, and suppresses the ability of the body to store fat.

Just look at the instagram of Kane's buddy who gave him the tickets to the NBA All-Star game.   

https://www.instagram.com/esilver82/ 

That guy just looks like a big time user and looking at all the pro-atheletes he's hanging out with, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a big time supplier for these guys.

They're overworked and have the money.   It leaves the system within 24hrs, curbs hunger, and suppresses the ability of the body to store fat.

Just look at the instagram of Kane's buddy who gave him the tickets to the NBA All-Star game.   

That guy just looks like a big time user and looking at all the pro-atheletes he's hanging out with, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a big time supplier for these guys.

Kane may well be on coke, I don't know. But he is not Pablo Escobar to the NBA ASG, or any other pro-athlete. If athletes want drugs, they don't go to other athletes

I know the have the money and resources for it.

But giving them a pass because they are *overworked* is not the reason they use it.

Stay home and get as much rest as you can. Don't go to another city and party, then miss work and tell me it's because you're overworked. 

No.

Using drugs to enhance performance or to enhance your social life with the excuse that a hockey player needs to because he is over worked is not a reasonable excuse. 

Everyone I known in the medical field should be on coke to make it through the day with that rational.

Nah, they get the pharmaceuticals lol

But now it's affecting his ability to do his job. That's a leap in a bad direction. Two strikes and Zadorov was out.

When Kane disappears for huge stretches of games like Zadorov did last year, I will entertain the comparison. Dude brings it every game. Zadorov doesn't know the meaning of the phrase.

GO SABRES!!!

I don't know how it is in other markets, but our reporters suck some serious ass

If criticism of athletes is your beef, the Buffalo sports media probably sucks the least ass in the league. Sabres management, ownership and players are very lucky in that regard. It's a wonder Terry hired Ed Kilgore away from Channel 2. Eddie was a Sabres ball-washer from way back.

Kane was at the NBA dunk contest the night before the game on Sunday. Didn't show in his play there. He stayed out too late and ###### up. He likes it here, his teammates like him. If it happens again it's an issue. For now it's just a dumb mistake.

You might have missed my point. The mistake kept him out of practice and one game.

apparently he didn't bring enough 8-balls to the all-star game Sunday and overslept.   

i like Kane, honestly, I do.   it's just the lifestyle these days.    people wonder why cocaine is the drug of choice for hockey players.... just look at how many hours they spend on the ice a week, no off days, twice on game days, trouble falling asleep after a game then getting up early for another skate, back-to-backs, etc.... they need to cut back on the number of practices and back-to-backs so these guys can clean up their noses.

I always wondered why practices aren't held at night, when most games are played.

They're overworked and have the money. It leaves the system within 24hrs, curbs hunger, and suppresses the ability of the body to store fat.

To me he looks like a dude with money who likes to lift weights and is likely a bit vain. I didn't see anything suggesting drug use.

What did you see, specifically?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.